- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
87 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 87
What travellers are saying
- Recommend talking time to go up the Ben Lomond Track. It was nice to be out and about in Pure nature. Didn't find the walk hard at all. The views are amazing and worth the hike. Suggest taking the gondola up to the luge and start from there to save the legs.Written 23 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We booked the 3 day Intro to Snow Package with lessons, rentals and lift passes included. Lockers were $10/day and NZ Ski Bus Express $20 return/day.
As beginners we enjoyed the four beginners areas and magic carpet conveyers. The instructors were helpful and a great group of people in the lessons each day. I’m glad we went with the lessons. We didn’t venture beyond the beginners slopes due to our skill level but took the chairlift up for some sightseeing and beautiful mountain top views over Queenstown. We were lucky with the weather, sunny and relatively warm with good snow. However it was pretty crowded, in particular when it was raining in town and Coronet Peak was closed due to its lower altitude, a lot more people headed to the Remarkables.
The NZ Ski Bus Express to the Remarkables lets this whole experience down. It is an ordeal, it’s a minimum 50 minute wait in line for the bus no what what time you get there, the earliest we got there was 7.10am and we were on the snow 9.30am. 7.15am line up, on snow 9.50am. When we lined up 7.30am we weren’t on the snow till 10.15am after getting all our rental gear, and were late to our 10.00am lesson. I met one person who lined up from 6.20am to get on the first bus. While the first bus is scheduled to leave at 8am, it does tend to leave a little earlier than 8am. They definitely need more buses and/or drivers. The queue starts behind the Snow Centre opposite the Sofitel and wraps around the corner. Everything would be so much enjoyable if you could hop straight on a bus for a 45 minute drive up to the mountain.
Once up on the mountain, I would recommend heading straight to getting fitted for your rental gear, boots, boards/skis and locker as fast as possible. As pretty quickly there is a line up for rental gear. And same on the way down, as soon as your lesson finishes 3.30pm, return all your gear quickly to get in the line up for the return trip, otherwise you will be waiting longer in line for buses as they fill up. We didn’t bother with the overnight storage of rental gear due to the queue, we found it quicker to return and re-hire the next day.
The NZ Ski Bus Hotel pick up was sold out on my dates. I also tried the Info & Snow bus which also sold out. I would say the Hotel pick up bus is worth the extra money if you don’t want to line up for an hour just to get to the mountain. But you would need to book early. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and waited in line for an hour down in town only to drive back up and pick up pre-booked hotel pick up customers at the Holiday Inn. Though on the way back all the buses seem to operate as a hotel drop off and we were able to get off at the Holiday Inn Express each day.
I would say while some people were wearing masks on board the Ski Bus, most people were not wearing masks and mask wearing was not recommended or enforced by the drivers. I am very cautious about wearing a mask on public transport and indoors but I still got covid in Queenstown.
When I looked at going in July the Ski bus was on a stop sale, they stopped selling bus tickets, as they had 7 bus drivers off work with covid and couldn’t meet the demand. On my last day in the snow they said a lot of instructors had called in sick with covid or flu.
The cafeteria was small for the amount of people on the mountain and lunchtime was packed. The food offerings weren’t looking great so we just opted for the pricey $13 vegetarian sushi each day. More accessible water fountains are need to keep hydrated while being active and in lessons.Written 19 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely mountain and fortunately, we visited on a day with good powder. The runs were fun, although the resort is not very big. Staff were friendly. The blue runs were also very skiable for skiers like myself who aren’t too experienced. I haven’t been able to do blue runs at most other resorts. I’d have given a 5 star rating if not for the crowd and parking issues - had to carry equipment on a long walk from the resort to Carpark. Still, I would come back again.Written 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really fun trail. We walked up and then back down. The walk up is definitely hardest at the beginning, where you have to navigate around roots, rocks, etc. while going up a steep grade. Once you get past that --probably the first quarter of the trail , it is more of a normal trail, but still steep in most places. But really pretty. We got up in 50 minutes.
At the top, there are great views and a cafe, or just places to sit and chill which was nice.
On the way down, it had rained so was a tiny bit slippery, but otherwise it was fine. But it is a workout, as you have to navigate down those same roots and steps. Definitely a leg workout on the way down, especially in that final 25% of the trail.
Really fun though. However, if you're not used to hiking regularly I would plan to take your time and be sure to wear reasonable hiking shoes or sneakers.
We recently did the QT Hill Time Walk, which is another great short hike in town. That one IMO had much better views plus it was just a slog up the hill, without all the roots and rocks to work around. Both great options!Written 12 April 2021
- A fantastic family hike over two nights / three days. Used Easy Hike to relocate our car from The Divide to the Greenstone car park. Easy Hike provided excellent service and advice at a reasonable cost.Written 12 January 2022
- Couldn't get up to Coronet as buses too full, came up here instead, really enjoyed it!! Amazing views obviously, but also a fun Gondola ride, few different food options available and you can just walk around, play in the snow, stare at the epic scenery, do a few longer walks if desired, or just hit up the Luge ride and have fun!Written 15 August 2022
- We really enjoyed our flight to Milford sound, not only because of the great landscape, but also because the Pilot and Staff at "Glenorchy Air" were very pleasant and professional, with great communications beforehand. We would fly with them again anytime...Written 18 August 2022
- A very customer focused team. This is the second time we flew with them into Milford sound ( the eight wonder of the world)
The check in was easy, they arranged free parking next door, The pilot was fantastic, Laura.
All communication was prompt.
A very dedicated team.
The view over the Mountains to Milford was spectacular and the landing was very smooooth.
Highly recommend them.Written 16 August 2022
- Flew with Air Milford on Sunday 12 Dec from Invercargill over Fiordland etc to raise money for the Invercargill Charity Hospital. The entire adventure from meeting staff at Invercargill airport through to coming home was outstanding. Beautiful weather, lovely morning tea at Manapouri, excellent flying weather. Highly recommend. Thank you to Hank our pilot and all other staff.Written 15 December 2021
- Amazing fun, buggy was the best choice! Matt and Scotty are great guides. Took me out of my comfort zone, which made a thrilling experienceWritten 20 July 2022
- George was great. Took us to Arrowtown to drop us off. Great info on way. Really helpful with bikes and picked us up when we wanted at day’s end.Written 4 July 2022
- When we booked this flight I couldn’t wait for the day… it was amazing…our pilot Luke was very friendly, informative and extremely good at what he does. Did Milford sound first and on the way back he set us down on top of a peak…breathtaking….definitely a highlight for me…highly recommended…thanks glacier southern lakes for a memorable tripWritten 14 August 2022
- Without a doubt this was by far the best adventure trip i have ever done anywhere.Our driver,guide was entertaining,informative and humorous as was our jet boat operator.Thank you to all concerned.Written 10 August 2022
- Just finished cycling this most amazingly beautiful and stunning trip. The A2O with Escape by Cycle was well organised with an incredible team to support us all the way. Accommodation and food was outstanding, the weather perfect and an enormous thanks to Ian and Gary for making this an incredible experience.Written 30 April 2022
- Absolutely amazing! We have done this as well as ZipTrek and definitely think this is the best by a long way! Stunning scenery, the guides were great. 10/10. We’ve done a lot of NZ ziplines and this is our favourite so far.Written 20 March 2022