- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
93 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 93
What travellers are saying
- Green, gold and white. Make sure you hike to the summit to get even greater views! There is also a fairy forest along the way and make sure you look out for wild deer.Written 24 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful views all around, we were lucky with the weather in that we had clear skies and fresh snow on the mountainsWritten 28 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After a week of chasing birds around Fiordland and Stewart Island it was great to be able to confirm so many of my sightings hereWritten 14 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If your in Queenstown for a few days & have a little spare time, a walk through is definitely worthwhile.
It’s an easy stroll, close to town & provides panoramic views.Written 14 August 2022
- Recommend talking time to go up the Ben Lomond Track. It was nice to be out and about in Pure nature. Didn't find the walk hard at all. The views are amazing and worth the hike. Suggest taking the gondola up to the luge and start from there to save the legs.Written 23 December 2021
- Lovely mountain and fortunately, we visited on a day with good powder. The runs were fun, although the resort is not very big. Staff were friendly. The blue runs were also very skiable for skiers like myself who aren’t too experienced. I haven’t been able to do blue runs at most other resorts. I’d have given a 5 star rating if not for the crowd and parking issues - had to carry equipment on a long walk from the resort to Carpark. Still, I would come back again.Written 12 August 2022
- Really fun trail. We walked up and then back down. The walk up is definitely hardest at the beginning, where you have to navigate around roots, rocks, etc. while going up a steep grade. Once you get past that --probably the first quarter of the trail , it is more of a normal trail, but still steep in most places. But really pretty. We got up in 50 minutes.
At the top, there are great views and a cafe, or just places to sit and chill which was nice.
On the way down, it had rained so was a tiny bit slippery, but otherwise it was fine. But it is a workout, as you have to navigate down those same roots and steps. Definitely a leg workout on the way down, especially in that final 25% of the trail.
Really fun though. However, if you're not used to hiking regularly I would plan to take your time and be sure to wear reasonable hiking shoes or sneakers.
We recently did the QT Hill Time Walk, which is another great short hike in town. That one IMO had much better views plus it was just a slog up the hill, without all the roots and rocks to work around. Both great options!Written 12 April 2021
- Absolutely stunning place, not to far on a gravel road to a beautiful doc site with a lake that so clear we had to swim in it. Cool but not freezing. Inviting place to camp so we will be back - need a little bug spray.Written 12 February 2022
- We visited at the end of May / 1st week of June 2021 and expected Queenstown to be very busy but, to OUR delight it was the opposite. It provided the opportunity for us to stroll through the mall and visit just about every shop. It was apparent that Covid 19 has adversely impacted the area and the "please-buy-from-me" look on many shop owner/manager faces left us feeling very guilty and sad.
Some shops were still very expensive and tailored for tourists but, the majority of shops had excellent prices/deals/specials at the time and we certainly spent generously....The restaurants that we visited in the Mall continue to provide excellent service and food. Shop staff were still friendly and very helpful. So, overall, Queenstown Mall was very pleasant to visit and we sincerely wish all owners/managers/staff well.Written 24 August 2021
- Biked Arrowtown to ‘Bungy Bridge’ with 7 year old and stunning views, great track. Did it the old fashioned way with push bikes, not e-bike, and was easy with ups and downs.Written 20 January 2022
- Great journey from the Hilton Resort and Spa to Queenstown using the return service. Friendly staff and ran to schedule.Written 3 January 2022
- We were driven through a steep windy road, around Lake Alta for beautiful scenery and blue green water, surrounded by mountains with great views.Written 3 February 2021
- What an awesome experience, my children. Made candles. Such a fun experience choosing their own colours and scents.
The food was so good and my lemon honey drink with the added honey and ginger so so good.
Staff today were all so helpful and friendly going above and beyond for us even talking about some gold panning tips. ThankuWritten 4 June 2022
- The team was absolutely lovely and the interior was comfortable and homely. I really enjoyed the wine tasting and thought it was good value for moneyWritten 9 July 2022
- Surrounded by the autumn leaves this clear running water was a delight to be around- there was even a guy fully submerged with a snorkel looking for gold.Written 12 May 2022