8 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Our family of four (children 14 & 18) hired electric bikes from Torpedo7 in Queenstown. We had not used electric bikes previously but needed the boost for the 70km+ round trip to Arrowtown. It was awesome! Although quite challenging at times given the undulations. The track is first class. Credit to the council for supporting outdoor activities.
Lots of amazing scenes along the way- rivers, mountains, lovely houses, views across the lake and glorious autumn leaves. Would highly recommend despite the sore body today!! All worth it!
A call out to Torpedo7 who were awesome in supporting us, including a flat tyre. They went above and beyond. Their bikes were in great condition.Written 11 April 2023
- A bit expensive but the views are to die for. Was with family n we had a lovely several hours at the top. Really chill n the cafe staff were really nice too.Written 1 December 2023
- Pleasant boat ride on lake in newish, clean boat. Bike ride with sheep and scenery. Strenuous enough without losing the fun. Setting for lunch absolutely charming. Lunch was delicious. Steamboat ride a true throwback complete with piano player and old fashioned sing along.Written 9 March 2020
- Cool new development that has a 25km trail network for walkers and cyclists. Beautiful, quiet place to admire The Remarkables and Lake Wakatipu.
We did the Jack’s Point Loop, which is described as a “hard” walk. There is a fair bit of uphill and some uneven sections of track but it’s generally well-graded. It took us 1.5 hours (it’s estimated to take 2.5 hours). The signage was not always clear and the description of the start point found on the website was a bit confusing - we almost started walking through the golf course! Don’t park by the Clubhouse - keep driving to the small carpark to reach the beginning of the track. Maybe once the development is finished the signage will be better.Written 12 August 2020
- We had a great mountain bike ride from Frankton to Lake Hayes. This took us 4 hours with 40 mins break - ie just over 3 hours riding. There are a couple of hills, but mainly it is flat. Utterly spectacular scenery. We took a turn off to Lake Hayes which was easy to find. The track is well signposted except in Frankton itself. We were blown away by the beatiful views and the opportunity to be completely remote.Written 6 January 2020
- Paul was great and informative. The E-bikes were in great condition. Fun riding out to Arrowtown. Bonus is that Paul dropped of and picked up the E-bikes after our ride. Extra option is Paul will pick you up if you had to many wines or you are to weary.Written 19 February 2023
- What a fabulous day we had! Nick was a wonderful tour guide full of knowledge of the area, and took us to spots we’d never seen before even though we’ve visited the area many times. The bikes are fantastic and made all terrain super easy to ride. Wouldn’t hesitate to use Whizzy E-Bikes again in the future and highly recommend to anyone considering!Written 9 September 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Queenstown
- These experiences are best for biking trails in Queenstown:
- Bike the Valley of the Vines from Arrowtown- Return Shuttle from Queenstown
- Unlock Your Potential with a Private mountain bike lesson.
- Bike The Wineries Full Day Ride Queenstown
- Guided eBike Tour 'Ride to the Sky'
- Bike The Wineries Half Day Ride Queenstown