6 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Had an excellent experience. We are second timers on the ski slopes - first time was The Remarkables (hated that experience too many people). Coronet Peak is so handy to Queenstown you spend most your time sking then you do getting there. The staff are friendly and helpful. We had ski lessons, Fern our coach was top notch, really understanding and really really patient lol! Thanks Fern. My husband had Stu the next day and he was excellent too! The ski field itself is very large, but I did not graduate from the magic carpet but went sight seeing with my super pass to the top of the gondalas. Will definately come back again.Written 9 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Changes needed!
Disappointing to visit this wonderland after so many good reviews.
No Smoking signs everywhere, but it appears vaping is ok !.! Multiple people vaping near the restaurant….staff not overly concerned either after being informed, as they continued to vape.!!!
Food…..ugh. Heart attacks everywhere, no fruit, fried food galore, no sandwich’s.
Surely you can do better? ?
The skiing was amazing, good runs, very popular at the weekends.
Queenstown is so picturesque, well worth a visit.Written 5 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Couldn't speak more highly of the service and my overall experience hiring gear from Brown's
Experienced, friendly and efficient staff, who were understanding (and accommodating) of last minute changes due to weather conditions etc.Written 23 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Totally disappointed at the rip-off prices at Queenstown ski fields and the policy of not refunding ski passes when the mountains are shut.
The skiing was OK at the Remarkables...but it shut early and good at Cardrona, but the whole experienced has been soured by the gouging through prices.
At least make the passes transferrable...it's not that hard.
Makes me sad to write this as I was born and grew up in NZ. Can't recommend Queenstown skiing without HUGE caveats about how to avoid being ripped off.Written 27 July 2023
- Had the most amazing day with James, Tarn and Mark today for our first time heli boarding. These guys are the most amazing, patient friendly guys we could have hoped for. They showed us such a good time, and catered to each of our experience levels….. we will be back for sure. See you fellas next year!Written 8 July 2021
- We hired snowboarding and ski gear for a 6 day trip. We hired online which was easy, with nil issues. When we got to the shop to pickup our gear it was packed and understaffed. This was the same when we did the return. My only complaint would be in relation to service. Definitely need to get more staff. Other than that, equipment was good and price was reasonable.Written 5 July 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Queenstown
- These experiences are best for ski & snowboard areas in Queenstown:See more ski & snowboard areas in Queenstown on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for kid-friendly ski & snowboard areas in Queenstown:See more ski & snowboard areas for children in Queenstown on Tripadvisor