Types of Attractions
13 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We visited Queenstown and really loved the whole vibe. We came across Art Bay Gallery and just lived Trevor Askin’s sculptures!
Frances was simply amazing in assisting us after buying one of his beautiful pieces and amazingly, it was shipped back to Brisbane without any hiccups.
We congratulate Frances and her team and couldn’t recommend the gallery more highly!
Please check it out - you won’t be disappointed.
Thanks Art Bay Gallery!
Rob & TreenWritten 19 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I adored our time doing through the Tim Wilson gallery and were mesmerised by his beautiful work. We're not usually huge art gurus but you can't help but be awed by these paintings. Rachel was such a lovely host and brought deeper meaning and significance to every piece by sharing the backstories and helping us to recognise and appreciate each detail and technique. It was also very special to be in Tim's very home as we soaked in his beautiful work. We would highly recommend this to anyone, it is not to be missed!Written 17 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Definitely worth popping into whether you’re an art or dog lover. The art is so clever and you can just wander in with no judgement from staff that it’s incredibly out of your price range!Written 9 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fabulous location on the lake walk Linda was very welcoming. Interesting range of art and artists. Bought a few small but simple pieces. A must for our next trip to QueenstownWritten 1 November 2017
- This gallery had quality items, not the tourist junk that is available everywhere. They feature several excellent artists working in greenstone and wood, including some creative carving I saw no where else during three weeks in NZ. The owner is knowledgeable and fair in his pricing. Don't go here if you can't tell junk from quality work.Written 24 January 2020
- The owners of the Gallery are very interesting people. I was attending as a wedding guest and it made an excellent wedding venue. Light, airy and a little different. The art work is varied and of a very high standard.Written 1 October 2023
- We were looking for one particular local artist and had done some googling, so we knew this gallery had some items we wanted to see. The website is informative.
The gallery is rather crowded, which makes it difficult to appreciate some of the works. But the owner is helpful, moving any particular painting around for you to see it in different light.
Good to see all the local works. Yes, we bought a painting, and yes, we will return for another look in this gallery next time we return to Queenstown.Written 23 June 2020
- Such a wonderful experience. The pictures are so unique and I love the variety of locations. Well worth a visit.Written 24 April 2022
- The owner was friendly and kindly wrapped my purchases in bubble wrap when she knew I was flying with them. A large variety of quality crystals available and reasonably priced. Worth a visit, I'm sure you'll find something you like.Written 10 December 2022
- These two galleries (one at street level, the second, one floor up) offer a very interesting collection of modern paintings, ceramics, sculptures and multimedia objects. The collection focuses on modern New Zealand artists, and the works range from the attractive to the bizarre. Modern art is a moving target, and these galleries offer a provocative selection of works. In addition to what is on display, there is a much greater selection of works in storage that can be viewed through the gallery's catalogue. We found the attendants helpful and knowledgeable. MIlford galleries are at the end of a short alley, and within a few steps of several other leading art galleries in Queenstown.Written 23 May 2019
- Queenstown enjoys a terrific setting. The city fathers built the town into the towering hills; moreover, it sits beside a lovely lake surrounded by mountains. So what's not to like? The place reeks with high adventure hype--that's what. So much so that we felt it wasn't even worth overnighting there unless we planned to go bungy jumping or skydiving. Even so, we had fun parking our camper van in a hillock area formed for the "Amon Hen" scene in "Lord of the Rings." This was near Frankton, about 7km away from Queenstown city center.Written 7 January 2015
- This is one of the most crowded art galleries I have visited. There was not an inch of free space on the walls and paintings were leaning against each other, 5-6 deep, on the floor. There is no real organization, so you have to go through the entire exhibit to find something you like. There is a broad range of styles and qualities, and the only thing they seem to have in common is that all these pieces were created by local artists.Written 24 May 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Queenstown
- These are the best places for couples seeking art galleries in Queenstown:See more art galleries for couples in Queenstown on Tripadvisor