Historic Sites • Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- A fantastic place to visit but not recommended for the average motorist, the road is so narrow and the drops so far down into the river it’s just too dangerous.
Take one of the organised tours is my advice, but do go there if you get the chance. Just the massive swing bridge built in 1900 and still NZ’s highest at 91m above the river below is worth the trip.Written 9 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Found by accident walking the many tracks and paths in Queenstown. Lots of history at this little spot and awesome too see people putting so much energy (no pun intended) into its restoration.
Very well maintained track and an easy walk from the main road.
If your interested in the history of the area then check it out.Written 1 July 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There is a rock arch engraved with names which is located on the foreshore to the beach/harbour, near the main town centre and between Queenstown Gardens. A fair tribute, solemn and somber reminder, that is not extravagant, which felt fitting.Written 6 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful and friendly staff that had gone out of their way to gift-wrap a present my mom purchased from the shop for my mother in law - free of charge. The shop has beautiful decor with amazing jewellery, homewares, art, and clothing/accessories (which, I for one, would indefinitely visit again when I venture back to Queenstown).
Overall, the shop is aesthetically pleasing with great presentation and organisation. The staff were attentive, kind, and super helpful. Thank you so much to the staff as we really appreciated the kind gesture, kia kaha.Written 2 April 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Queenstown
- These places are best for historic sites in Queenstown:See more historic sites in Queenstown on Tripadvisor