Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
7 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We visited at the end of May / 1st week of June 2021 and expected Queenstown to be very busy but, to OUR delight it was the opposite. It provided the opportunity for us to stroll through the mall and visit just about every shop. It was apparent that Covid 19 has adversely impacted the area and the "please-buy-from-me" look on many shop owner/manager faces left us feeling very guilty and sad.
Some shops were still very expensive and tailored for tourists but, the majority of shops had excellent prices/deals/specials at the time and we certainly spent generously....The restaurants that we visited in the Mall continue to provide excellent service and food. Shop staff were still friendly and very helpful. So, overall, Queenstown Mall was very pleasant to visit and we sincerely wish all owners/managers/staff well.Written 24 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Experiencing the old heritage building from the inside was truly amazing. It was serene and comforting. Candles were able to be lit and spend time in pray or just enjoy the beauty of the place. Definitely worth a look in.Written 7 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A fantastic place to visit but not recommended for the average motorist, the road is so narrow and the drops so far down into the river it’s just too dangerous.
Take one of the organised tours is my advice, but do go there if you get the chance. Just the massive swing bridge built in 1900 and still NZ’s highest at 91m above the river below is worth the trip.Written 9 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The stute itself is OK with the view behind of the lake and is probably the busiest place in Queenstown. The are usually buskers and there is a few places to eat.Written 7 January 2021
- Found by accident walking the many tracks and paths in Queenstown. Lots of history at this little spot and awesome too see people putting so much energy (no pun intended) into its restoration.
Very well maintained track and an easy walk from the main road.
If your interested in the history of the area then check it out.Written 1 July 2018
- There is a rock arch engraved with names which is located on the foreshore to the beach/harbour, near the main town centre and between Queenstown Gardens. A fair tribute, solemn and somber reminder, that is not extravagant, which felt fitting.Written 6 January 2019
- Absolutely stunning views of the Remarkable Mountain Range, Beautiful at any stage of the day. Lush green meadow to play in next to the deep blue Lake Wakatipu. The craftsmanship on the out look structure and benches is also immaculate, really adds to the euphoric feeling you get from the place.
Definite must see in Queenstown!!!Written 21 January 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Queenstown
- These are the best places for budget-friendly points of interest & landmarks in Queenstown:See more budget-friendly points of interest & landmarks in Queenstown on Tripadvisor