Bodies of Water • Waterfalls
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
What travellers are saying
- Were able to get right up close to the falls on our Milford Sound cruise with Milford Mariner. Also got a lovely packed lunch. A great trip overall. Definitely do it if you get a sunny day.Written 10 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Side trip off the main Milford highway up unsealed road. The walk is only about 10am s each way. You don’t get that close to falls and view partially blocked by vegetation below where the viewing platform is on opposite side of track.
As per g m review further down I found underwhelming given there are so many amazing waterfalls around. If had done before rather than after Milford sound cruise may have rated higher. Would love to come outside of summer though when higher flowsWritten 2 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The area had, had a long period of rain before our visit, which, made the falls even more impressive, a sight/site not to be missed.Written 6 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Milford Sound
- These places are best for waterfalls in Milford Sound:See more waterfalls in Milford Sound on Tripadvisor