57 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Monuments & Statues
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 57
What travellers are saying
- Add to the list of motorcycle, Indian Motorcycle and Burt Munro collection of things to see and do in Invercargill. Also visit the Burt Munro monument in Queens Park. Staff are super friendly and helpful.Written 2 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've been to this type of car/truck/tractor museum all over the country and I've never seen such a nice collection with awesome displays!!!
Highly recommend!!Written 11 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great fun for all! always wanted to try a digger and the kids loved being able to do it themselves as well! brilliant for all the family! slick operation with no mucking around, good instructors and value for money - we just did the small digger option.. Husband now just trying to work out how we fit one in the garage!Written 26 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a superb park with magnificent gardens in a huge space just on the edge of the town. Fantastic variety, beautifully landscaped and tendered. The trees steal the show - so beautiful and with incredible variety. Totally loved it. Cafe good too.Written 16 November 2023
- Three levels of world class rare and vintage motorcycles found only at the bottom of New Zealand. Some big ticket machines (cost and rarity) you may only see once in a lifetime and the Britten display is great to see only here. The building is a wonderful old building repurposed to compliment the machines on display with various unique touches to look out for such as camshaft balustrade pillars, conrod handrail supports etc. With other motorcycle related displays in close proximity, this is a must for any motorcycle enthusiast.Written 2 November 2023
- The drive from Queenstown to Dunedin via the Catlins did not disappoint and there was a diverse range of scenery from interesting rock formations, to small waterfalls, long sandy beaches and rugged coastlines, few people and many sheep. Worth doing.Written 10 April 2023
- Amazing creative place that makes you feel awed by the amount of things collected and gathered to make something really special for us all to see. A must see, on top of your lists to do, in invercargill.you won't be disappointed 😀 it should be number one attraction 😉Written 3 September 2023
- We drove onto the beach for sunset and it was so lovely. The beach is so deep and long it never feels crowded. We took food with us and it was great sitting in the car/on the beach watching the sun go down.
It's a very short drive from the centre of Invercargill.
There were a few cars driving like idiots but they were few and far between, so don't let that put you off.Written 27 April 2023
- We stayed for one night and it was really pleasant. Really friendly owner welcomed us and showed us where everything is. There’s even a coin operated washing machine which was very handy. The gardens are beautiful and the ducks/geese are very curious - maybe they were expecting some food?Written 25 October 2020
- We were very lucky that the caretakers were there when we went, as it would of been a shame not to see inside, they told us a bit of the history its well worth a visit.Written 23 May 2022
- Add this gem to your motorcycle day out in Invercargill along with E.Hayes and Classic Motorcycle Mecca. Found outside the main gates near the carpark.Written 2 November 2023
- It's a landmark and it's story is quite a good one. Was opposite out motel so couldn't miss it. Also right next to Queen's ParkWritten 19 May 2022
- All the staff are helpful I take my grand children there most weeks I am in a wheelchair and the cafe is very good.. a very reasonable cost for the family.. you can also take your own food if you wish. I take some and buy some. There coffee is good 🙂Written 25 September 2022
- An on and off rainy day in Invercargill. Only there for 45 minutes, but we could have stayed longer. The building, which is not open reminds me of something out of the Sound of Music. A very good kids play area and a nice 15 minute walk around the gardens. There were quite a few Tui's.Written 7 October 2020
- Attended the dawn service - such a lovely start to Anzac Day. Warm and welcoming locals. Brace yourself for the canonsWritten 22 May 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Invercargill
Invercargill Attractions Information
|Tuesday 8:09 am|