- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
60 places sorted by traveller favourites
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Monuments & Statues
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 60
What travellers are saying
- Great place to visit. Excellent food and lots of cool things to see. Friendly service. Cold in July so wrap upWritten 15 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were advised by our shuttle driver that it was worth a look, it was excellent, so much to see, the Burt Munroe exhibition is brilliant. E Hayes and Sons a great place to wander around, excellent gift ware and clothing.Written 11 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This trip was about going places we hadn't been before, particularly for my partner and friend who was travelling with us. We managed a good chunk of the southern Scenic Route and it is such great travelling. Would love to do it again in the summer,Written 28 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We enjoyed walking with a friend and her dog through the well maintained park. It was out of season for flowers, but the trees were magnificent.Written 25 July 2022
- well , I do not ride bikes but this place was amazing. I took 50 photos in 3 hours. I could not get enough of the place. but did get tired after 3 hours. What a huge piece of history and amazing displaces and write ups on the bikes history etc. I would go again just to take more of it in .Written 5 December 2021
- This place is fun and quirky - and free! For those people complaining it’s not a museum quality experience - this is stuff that would have otherwise gone to tip. It’s great! If you love urbex this is awesome. Random stuff from times gone by that people have left behind - here in random glory to be enjoyed.Written 21 May 2022
- just drive to the end of the road. easy - beautiful beach . you can drive on the beach but it is nicer to park and walk in and keep the beach free from traffic and noise. amazing area.Written 5 December 2021
- It was our first horse ride and we were so thankful for Suzi and her horses. Suzi was very experienced and considerate. We got to ride her two horses - Blackjack and Rua and they were the most friendly, well-trained horses I have ever been around. Such a lovely experience and we highly recommend this if you visit Invercagil. It was the highlight of our trip!Written 5 January 2021
- Actually not sure why it gets its own things to do but hey. Its part of the park front entrance, so take a look and go for a wander, nice part of town.Written 26 November 2020
- It's a landmark and it's story is quite a good one. Was opposite out motel so couldn't miss it. Also right next to Queen's ParkWritten 19 May 2022
- An on and off rainy day in Invercargill. Only there for 45 minutes, but we could have stayed longer. The building, which is not open reminds me of something out of the Sound of Music. A very good kids play area and a nice 15 minute walk around the gardens. There were quite a few Tui's.Written 7 October 2020
- We were very lucky that the caretakers were there when we went, as it would of been a shame not to see inside, they told us a bit of the history its well worth a visit.Written 23 May 2022
- Market has very good mixture of stalls. Lots of verity of eateries, mainly asian.
Would have loved to see more market gardening stalls, fresh fish, wild game as this region has plenty to offer.
But come it is a worthy 30 minutes funWritten 13 October 2018
- We stayed for one night and it was really pleasant. Really friendly owner welcomed us and showed us where everything is. There’s even a coin operated washing machine which was very handy. The gardens are beautiful and the ducks/geese are very curious - maybe they were expecting some food?Written 25 October 2020
- Attended the dawn service - such a lovely start to Anzac Day. Warm and welcoming locals. Brace yourself for the canonsWritten 22 May 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Invercargill