Public Transportation Systems
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
7 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful building which unfortunately is currently all wrapped as it’s under going restoration. Even so the architecture you can see is wonderful. The interior is also well worth visiting as it’s a work of art.
Also there is what I would say, one of the best art galleries upstairs which has a fantastic array of local artists on display and is free to look around and you can buy a masterpiece to go home with.Written 16 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Took my daughter's to Quarantine Island with Port to Port cruises. Rachel was so accommodating, I booked one trip then completely changed my plans and Rachel was so awesome to deal with and switched everything for me without any hassle.
We had a great time at Quarantine Island and would definitely book another tour with the Port to Port team again.Written 3 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My family & I had the pleasure of Steve & Phil’s services when we were in Dunedin for 2 days last month. They were both extremely considerate & professional. They were a trove of information on local Dunedin history & its inhabitants - the little snippets of information made our experience feel more ‘local’. The vehicles we sat in were spotless & really comfortable. We were very impressed with them & would not hesitate to recommend their services to anyone planning to take a trip to Dunedin!Written 13 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Ran into Salve by happenstance at the dock and ended up touring around with her all day. The rates are extremely reasonable and she is very knowledgeable about the area. Highly recommend for taxi or shuttle service!Written 7 March 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A large group of us (9) used Ron's (and his limo) services over a weekend in Dunedin. On Saturday he picked us up in two groups (limo seats 8 in back and 1 rode up front with Ron) and we went out to Moeraki to Fleurs which is an outstanding restaurant! Ron then waited while we had a long lunch (he told us that he takes a number of people/groups out there and is happy to wait). He then bought us all back into town. The next day, six of the group worked out that Ron (and the limo) was a similar price as a shuttle to the airport so Ron took that group back to the airport. Ron was a pleasure to deal with before the trip and during the trips couldn't do enough for us. He's a great operator and the limo was clean and tidy (and he supplied glasses for us to drink our bubbles (as it was a significant birthday for one of the group).
Everyone in the group has spoken highly of Ron and we all really recommend him. Thanks Ron for adding to a great weekend in Dunedin.Written 31 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Appaling service 1 1/2 hours 2 get 2 airport. Passed our pick up point an hour after picking us up..Written 14 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My family and I had just arrived from the UK, late at night and very jetlagged (especially the kids). We had prebooked 2 cars which were waiting there.
The price advised in the booking emails was 59 dollars per car to our accommodation at a nearby lake.
On our arrival at the destination, the meters did indeed read about 60 dollars each.
The drivers then pressed some buttons and one meter went up to $90 and the other went to $100. On pointing out that they were different, they just changed the fare for the higher one to match the $90 one, but gave no explanation as to how they had given different figures in the first place.
When questioned about this, the drivers did not give a clear answer why the price has suddenly shot up. They muttered (and "muttered" is exactly the word) various phrases, including "going over a boundary", "airport surcharge", and most bizarrely, "$15 for carrying bags".
If I had been alone I would have argued about this more at the time but my children were jetlagged and I wanted to get them to bed and for them not to be stressed by witnessing any disagreement. One of the drivers then bizarrely started handing out chocolate and beer, it seems as a way to placate us. I don't know if he thought this would end the matter, but to be honest it just made me more irritated, as though we could be silenced like that, instead of providing me with the price breakdown I was requesting.
I wrote to the company afterward asking for an explanation (not even asking for a refund; it's the principle that bothered me more than the cash). They replied and said they would investigate. Several follow-up emails later, all I ever get is "we will pass on your concerns to a manager".
This seems to be a very unprofessional company. Avoid if you can.Written 26 May 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dunedin