- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This is a terrific scenic hike for anyone that enjoys the outdoors. While it is easily accessible and open to the public, this is MODERATELY PHYSICALLY DEMANDING. There were kid’s groups that did part of the trail, but a middle aged lady in our group could not get past the first 50 yards before returning to the bus. For older adults, only do if you are used regular long walks or hikes.Written 10 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is one of those places that's not on many people's radars, but it's worth a visit for the excellent view. There's very limited parking on Highcliff Road where you can begin the climb up to the memorial. It starts with a staircase, followed by a steep but well-worn trail around farm fields.
Perhaps complicating matters is the fact that there appear to be many names for this memorial. I'm calling it by what's engraved on the plaque at the base of the statue. It reads "Otago Peninsula Fallen Soldiers' Memorial".Written 5 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Quite a hike on a flooded track but once you get to the beach it is stunning. We walked to far end to see where the lagoon empties out; then walked to next bay to west over short headland track. Best of all were the secluded bay reachable only at lower tide: and the amazing views from the pa site on the headland. Very few other people in this whole gorgeous area.Written 7 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dunedin
- These places are best for scenic walking areas in Dunedin:See more scenic walking areas in Dunedin on Tripadvisor