- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Food & Drink
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Loved it! The wine tasting was so so generous and we had Olivia talking us through them all with her vast knowledge of the wines and the Pegasus brand. We had a lovely walk through the garden after and then stopped in a few other Waipara vineyards. We would highly recommend this as a stop and will 100% be back!Written 5 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Visiting Christchurch, we had the chance to schedule a last-minute tour of Cracroft Vineyard. The hosts (owners) are expat Italians and couldn't have been more gracious! They gave us a tour of their vineyard and bottling facility. They answered all out questions and led us through a tasting of their wines in the quaint tasting cottage. We opted for the cheese platter and you should too! They have lovingly created a wonderful little boutique vineyard. If you are a wine lover, put it on your don't miss list!Written 20 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Max and his team at Trent’s were phenomenal – in all of our meetings with Max leading up to our wedding he told us not to worry about anything and of course he’d have this and that sorted and he was right, everything was perfect! Trents was such a beautiful place to get married and our guests couldn’t stop raving about the food afterwards (we went with the buffet option and had lots of vegans, vegetarians and allergies – Max made sure there was plenty for everyone). Thanks again to Max and the team for such a superb day!Written 21 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We came for dinner at the restaurant and it had a warm inviting atmosphere. We ordered the Salmon and Beef and they were both wonderfully prepared. $30 each, and was worth the cost. Our waitress recommended the Rosebank Pinot Gris, which was warm and mellow and sat nicely in our mouth, and without an astringent after taste. This was so delicious I’m switching from my usual, which I’ve had for many years. We followed up with dessert of sticky date pudding and profiterole with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce for $12 each. It was a calm, serene environment. Beautiful country flowers and candles in the middle. It was a pleasurable experience and a hidden gem. The decorè is a little dated but otherwise a lovely and pleasant experience, food exceptional and the service excellent. I will be back and can see myself being a regular diner.Written 22 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We stopped a very long time ago to try their wines and were very pleased with the beverages and the service, but alas, I do believe this place closed down some years ago. I hope I'm wrong.Written 17 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We celebrated my Mothers 80th Birthday at Rossendale last weekend and it was stunning in every way. Graham, Liz and the team were very accommodating to our needs and so attentive in every way. The food was excellent as was the the service, we have had so much feedback that has only been very positive. Thank you for making Mums birthday so special, we couldn't have done it without you!!Written 20 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- After a trip to Barhill Museum and a picnic in the village, a winery seems just the place for a laid back afternoon with a 'sip of grape' but in the last four years, I haven't been able to contact them, and the place looks run down and deserted. I think it has closed, which is a great pity as I think it would compliment Barhill. Perhaps a business idea for someone?Written 18 January 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Christchurch
- These experiences are best for wineries & vineyards in Christchurch:
- Waipara Wine Trail Afternoon Tour from Christchurch
- A Waipara Wine Experience with Giles Tours, includes wine tastings and lunch
- Canterbury Winery Lunch
- Hanmer Springs Private Day Tour Including Hot Pool & Wine Tasting
- All-Inclusive Waipara Region Wine Tour from Christchurch