Nature & Wildlife Areas • Scenic Drives
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
22 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We were in a huge group with AATKings, driving through from Blenheim to Hanmer Springs. It was a guided tour around the Marlborough wine region.Written 9 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice beach for swimming and a great place to camp - flush toilets and cold showers for $8 per person is good value in overpriced NZ. The beach is great for families with gentle waves and slope, a bit of rubbish spotted on the beach but that was after what had been a very busy weekend.Written 23 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We just did a short walk up to the point and back. The views are lovely. The viewpoint is not as far as the end of the track so you do t have to walk that far to enjoy the best views.Written 20 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As far as walks go they really don’t get much better than this. We absolutely loved the walk up to Mt Vernon lookout which took about 1.5 hours (including stopping at top and a couple of breathers on way up) - total distance about 6.5kms. Parked at base and the scenery of surrounding hills, tussocks, kowhai and cabbage trees as we walked was outstanding. Not one piece of litter and evidence suggests a well respected walk which is extremely well cared for. Path is super easy and very safe so even if you’re not the fittest person in the world give it a go you’ll thank yourself for it - a must do in BlenheimWritten 16 September 2020
- Did this as a walk and a run. Fairly flat, but when dry a little uneven. You need to walk through the sewage works first, and it does smell if you are doing the 3hr loop. It is a generous amount of time given. The boat is interesting, buy wheck out the crabs whare in the holes around the bridge.Written 11 January 2022
- It is a beautiful drive from Blenheim, surrounded by native bushes and has a long sandy beach. It is a gateway for photography.Written 9 December 2020
- Steady uphill battle through the forest (moderate fitness/hiking ability required), leads you to the 3 Southern Cross mine entrances. Although warning signs are at each mine entrance, entrance is possible and i had no issues.
The lowest level mine is very wet underfoot, while the middle and upper levels are still wet they are much less so.
Further up the track leads to great views back over the valley and further again views of the Marlborough Sounds. With a steep descent down to Linkwater.
Definitely worth the visit, for a good day trip.Written 13 July 2018
- I don't think 5 stars even quite cuts it! We toured the South Island for 2 weeks in a campervan and finished up with Jo and Steve and their bikes. We had our 11 week old baby with us and they could not have been more helpful and kind. We had the best time, despite the pouring rain (our choice to go, Jo and Steve didnt force us!), with great advice about which cellar doors to go to, how to get there and a brilliant pull-along trailer with an infant capsule inside! Jo gave us loads of good advice about campsite locations before we arrived and picked us up and dropped us off at our campervan, so we could enjoy the wines and not worry about driving anywhere. She even told us where was good to eat for our tea! I cannot speak highly enough of this experience. We would do it again in a heartbeat (and hope to one day, but when the sun is shining next time!) and would recommend it to anyone wanting to do a wine tour in the Marlborough region. Thank you Jo and Steve for such a brilliant day! 😍Written 11 July 2022
- Great wine tour. Mike was informative and friendly. He asked if anyone had any preferences regarding vineyards or wine
Highly recommendWritten 8 February 2021
- We really enjoyed our day out on e-bikes in the beautiful Marlborough wineries. We zipped around and reached even the more distant tasting rooms with ease on very good e-bikes. Andy was brilliant and picked up our purchases for us. The roads and tracks here make for easy cycling, so this was the perfect option!Written 24 February 2021
- We did the 1 day experience from Hanmer to Molesworth. Superb personal experience from start to finish. Friendly, competent guide. Chris shared a wealth of knowledge about the area and its history, flora and fauna.
Morning tea and lunch supplied. Delicious.
As a less than nimble senior I was worried about " being a bother." At no time did I feel this thanks to Chris' encouragement and respect.
I can only say. a magical experience well worth the price.
Thank you. I would definitely do it again.Written 15 October 2020
- A friend sent me a few photos from our trip in November last year and made me want to burst into print to send a shout out to Mike and the Beatnick team.
Myself and 3 buddies signed up for a 5 day trip from Blenheim down through the Molesworth station to Hamner for the night, back up through the Rainbow station to Nelson, then Queen Charlotte sounds.
Some amazing scenery, great gravel tracks and hill climbs and river crossings. the 4 of us all rode near new Ducati scramblers.
The bikes handled the rocks and gravel and didnt miss a beat
We stayed at some pretty cool spots and joined a larger group of 10 others
The group got on really well.
I would do this ride again in a heartbeat
I would highly recommend anybody to take a tour organised by Beatnick . They were very safety conscious and thought of every little detail
cheers blairWritten 18 May 2020
- I went there for a coffee few times. year ago I went with a group of friends for dinner. Is a nice place. peaceful and relaxing.Written 20 November 2016
- On arrival the locals were very welcoming and the young lady in the Pro Shop very helpful and organised the green fees and cart for me. I joined up with three other "locals" and enjoyed a wonderful round of golf with them. The course is well kept and each hole had its own set of challenges. There are water hazards as well as your fair share of OB's but if you stay reasonably straight then no issues. I lost one ball in a ditch! We were able to park our caravan at the end of the car park out of the way of the local members park but right alongside the first fairway. Enjoyed a drink in the lovely club rooms with the locals and there was food available and also caught up with the local Pro Jonti Phillipson a friendly and helpful guy. Kapai MGC for a lovely day and the superb course.Written 10 October 2020
- John picked us up at our hostel and set us up with bikes and helmets. He gave us a map and helped us figure out our wine tour route and gave us a great recommendation for budget friendly food in the area (super appreciated!). The bikes were in great condition and it was easy to get around to the different wineries. Upon our return we met John's lovely wife and they welcomed us into their beautiful home. On the ride back to the hostel John suggested some restaurants for dinner and even took the long way back to show us exactly where they were. Everything went smoothly, I would highly recommend this bike hire!Written 22 January 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Blenheim
- These experiences are best for outdoor activities in Blenheim:
- Self-Guided Biking Wine Tour (full day) in the Marlborough Region.
- Half-Day Marlborough Gourmet Tasting Tour from Blenheim
- 7 Day - South Island Tour (All inclusive)
- 11 day - South Island Tour (All inclusive)
- 14 Day South Island Grand Adventure Tour (Small Group & Carbon Neutral)
- These are the best places for budget-friendly outdoor activities in Blenheim:See more budget-friendly outdoor activities in Blenheim on Tripadvisor