- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
23 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Really cool bar. Hard to find up
Up stairs never saw a sign. Small great bartenders selection atmosphere. Volume etc. great. Did not eat there but spent a couple of good hours. Excellent place to meet friendsWritten 15 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- nice casual and quiet place and comfortable seating, A great place to chill. great selection of drinks
but not much selection when it comes to food. The vibe is 60's to 80's.Written 28 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the best places in NZ to try different beers. Several local ones on draft plus many more imported on bottle. Staff is very knowledgeable and prices are ok.Written 14 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped in for a pint of local brew and also enjoyed lunch here. The terrace was sunny and packed full of people but we were lucky to get a seat.
I chose the quesadillas and my partner chose the Reuben sandwich both were exactly as advertised.
The beer was robust the Barman was friendly and knowledgeable and we had a great time strongly recommend it because you can also visit the other fun shops in the Hannah’s shoe factory complex – the chocolate shop the peanut butter shop et ceteraWritten 28 February 2021
- A quick sneaky drink on the way home from work with a mate. Great changing range of beer and we tried a whiskey to finish that off.Written 20 November 2020
- Friendly staff, very welcoming and bubbly. Great atmosphere. Free bottle of wine for it being my birthday also so that was a bonus! Mechanical bull provided good entertainment too!Written 10 July 2021
- Great bar with a huge rage of flavoured spirits. Had the lemongrass and ginger gin and the pink watermelon gin. really tasty although I would probably preferr d with a good quality mixer (where is Fever Tree in NZ except for a he bar next door!)Written 15 January 2019
- It's pretty good outlet for a date, good selection of cocktail as well.
Lady was hospitable
I would suggest of you can add few more snack
Which will improve customer satisfactionWritten 3 December 2021
- Visited with friends, its a cool bar and the skull punch was deadly, lol ! Prices are a bit expensive.Written 9 August 2019
- Ivy is the only bar I go to as I feel safe and can watch awesome performers, staff are lovely and they always have a smile (even after a long shift) and I never feel out of place at Ivy. Thank you all and I'll be there this weekendWritten 18 April 2017
- Being Welsh, I couldn't avoid the experience. I enjoyed my first visit a few years ago, but this time it was very crowded and very noisy. Still has to be a compulsory visit if you're Wesh.Written 25 February 2020
- Excellent, excellent, Excellent restaurant! What I noticed very soon after arrival was that the staff loved working here. It came across in the way they looked after us, served us and of course, in the food. The staff were very welcoming, warm and friendly. They knew exactly where the produce had come from and how it had been prepared. They were passionate about their restaurant which in turn, made us feel passionate about it before we even tasted our meal. Loved the food. My friend ordered lamb which was cooked perfectly. I ordered fish which was slightly overcooked, but still very nice. The accompanying salads were also delicious. Very happy and would definitely recommend.Written 23 October 2017
- My friends and I fell in love with MiniBar while visiting Wellington, and ti became our go to place to relax and watch some movies at the bar while splitting a few pitchers of cider! All of the bartenders were also wicked friendly, and there are great drink specials!Written 9 December 2019
- We had a fantastic work do at The Lanes. Great customer service from Reuben via email when organising our event, through to making a mean Mojito for me on the night. All the staff were very attentive and friendly, the food was good and arrived on time and we bowled, played pool and the owner showed a colleague how to play shuffleboard. FUN!Written 23 June 2022
- Basement bar on Allen Street which is dark and moody but a cool place for an event or a few drinks with friends.Written 3 February 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Wellington
- These are the best places for couples seeking bars & clubs in Wellington:See more bars & clubs for couples in Wellington on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking bars & clubs in Wellington:See more bars & clubs for groups in Wellington on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for bars & clubs in Wellington:See more hidden gem bars & clubs in Wellington on Tripadvisor