Popular things to do
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- The climb is steep but manageable with good pathways. The views from the top are spectacular. A beautiful safe place to visitWritten 19 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a fantastic experience this evening on the glow worm tour! From start to finish it was well run and our tour guide Lucy was brilliant. It was a great vibe in the group and Lucy was really knowledgeable about the area and facts about the glow worms. Not to mention her manoeuvring was like watching poetry in motion!! If you’re in the area it’s a must do.Written 25 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited Mt Maunganui as part of our North Island road trip and it was an absolute highlight. The beach itself is so picturesque with the mountain backdrop, and there are fantastic amenities close by. All in all a wonderful beach day!Written 20 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We do it every time when we are at ‘The Mount’. The walk around the Mount is not too long and mostly flat. It is a very beautiful coastal walk along the Pacific Ocean. Highly recommended.Written 18 April 2023
- Amazing place absolutely huge! Heaps of different walks and spaces to explore as well as a really interesting Disc golf courseWritten 16 November 2023
- Our cruise ship stopped here so it was easy to take a nice stroll along the shoreline and even go into the small town of Maunganui. It's a lovely setting and it's particularly noteworthy because of the view out to Mount Maunganui. We also strolled through the town as well as along the ocean side of Maunganui. It's was a nice couple of hours off the ship.Written 7 June 2023
- Visited on excursion from a cruise ship. Well organised (and welcoming) on site, interesting history.Written 19 November 2023
- Fantastic experience, staff were amazing and supportive, and the course was outstanding. Great value for money and the kids loved it.Written 6 October 2023
- Loved it. Fun. Will be back with family next week. Shame about the mess down the end of water zone tho.Written 1 August 2023
- I was just planning on staying an hour to walk the main track; journey plans meant that I had to tear myself away after 3 hours.
I'm no gardener but the variety of plants and the condition of plants and tracks/steps is hugely impressive. There are also a number of fine sculptures and artworks.
Definately need good footwear if you choose to battle up the off-track trail to the waterfall, and beyond.
Surprising few visitors on on sunny day.Written 15 March 2023
- Amazing experience. I cannot express fully my respect for the personal time that Hugh Bomford and his co workers have given in keeping our historical records in one place .This a Must Visit place for anyone with links or association with Rhodesia /Zimbabwe . Or just an interest in the region. What an oasis in a desert .Many thanks to Hugh for the time you spent in explaining the various displays .All ln all I spent around 5 hours ,the hours flew by .Thanks once again to Hugh and the team .Cheers Colin Huffer . Ps if you can , please become a financial member and help keep this museum alive .Written 17 November 2023
- One of my regular walks and it never gets old....particularly gorgeous after a good amount of rain. Can be slippery in parts, but not unmanageable, and steep but absolutely worth it.Written 10 April 2022
- This is an amazing place to take a day to explore and visit . We took a packed lunch and wandered around at out leisure and just enjoyed the lovely nature around usWritten 18 February 2023
- A very well maintained camp. Great hot pools after biking the Omokora Bike Trail. Great hosts.
Supermarket right opposite camp.Written 5 March 2023
- What a hoot!! We’re in our early 30’s, visited just the other day and had a great time!! Not only are the team really friendly and helpful, the animals seem really happy, content and looked after which is great to see! We spent a good hour or so wondering around, interacting with all the different characters, the goats were my favourite! Fun for the whole whānau! And it’s situated in the McLaren Falls Park so afterwards you can go and explore this beautiful area too and even stay at the campground! Highly recommend! Big thanks to Debbie!Written 17 April 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Tauranga
- The best day trips from Tauranga according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Hobbiton Transport & Tauranga Highlights Excursion from Tauranga
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua Highlights
- Rotorua Geothermal Living Maori Village Tour Whakarewarewa 6.5hours Tour
- 6hr Hobbiton Movie Set Tour - Departs Tauranga
- 6 hour Small-Group Rotorua Naturally Shore Excursion From Tauranga
Tauranga Attractions Information
|Wednesday 1:29 pm|