Popular things to do
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This Thermal site is indeed a wonderland. The colours of the cauldrons, ponds and lakes are superb. They are constantly changing with the sun and cloud movement. The mist also brings its own intricate designs. A few up and down stairs but not too strenuous.
Well worth a visit- we spent over 2 hours here.Written 11 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an awesome experience with Redwoods! One key recommendation is I would avoid paying for the tree walk. It is not that high and unfortunately a gimmick. If you have kids, this could be fun but otherwise would recommend just doing the free walk. The Redwood Memorial Grove Track is an easy 2km walk that immerses you in the Redwoods, which we found to be much more impressive from the ground. The redwoods and forest are breath-taking. You can easily do this activity in 1-2 hours and pair it with another experience in Rotorua.Written 6 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Te Puia include various attractions : 1 Geysers and mud pools, which you can only see with a guided tour so if the geysers are not erupting at that time you are out of luck. 2. A Maori cultural performance which was fun 3. A kiwi bird conservation area where we could see kiwi birds (the only way we would see them since they are rare and nocturnal 4. Several Maori craft centers/schools were we saw weaving and other crafts -- less interesting than the other attractions. It was a nice way to see all of these in one spot. We took a tour from Auckland and seeing the lush green countryside was amazing.Written 6 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The hike is easy... All downhill or flat. There's a lot to see between the start and bus stop 1. There's not as much to see further along but it's still a lovely walk and worth it. The boat cruise is interesting but probably not worth doing on its own.Written 20 November 2023
- We had booked on for the 9am self guided walk round the thermal pools followed by the guided tour of the village and then the cultural experience.
The self guided walk was great as it was only us. The tour was very informative and we felt we had a much better understanding of Maori culture now.
Finally the cultural experience. It was genuine but not polished! The day before we had been to Te Puia (don't go there come here instead). Their cultural experience was very polished, but perhaps less of the experience you get when the tourists have left.
Also worth noting that you ge just as good a view of the Te Puia geysers from here.Written 4 December 2023
- Carmen was great presenting the wine samples to us. We all became instant friends. The wine was very good and we enjoyed it. After drinking the wine we did the Luge ride! It was fantastic for us upper 60 folks, WOW!Written 7 December 2023
- A great day visiting the grand children loved feeding the animals and the fish. The whole experience and the paths where perfect for walking on. The highlight for the kids was patting the lion cubs. A great day out and lots of memories made.Written 10 August 2023
- informative insight into New Zealand's humble farming history. learn about the wide range of sheep in New Zealand. Best gift shop in Rotorua for souvenirs including warm marino/possum blendsWritten 5 May 2023
- I took my son and family here not expecting to enjoy it myself, however I did, it was a very interesting place to visit, we saw Kiwi birds , parrots and many other birds, fish in natural rivers, fish hatcheries, and beautiful plants. Fun water boat trip which I enjoyed several times, it is really nicely done. Bit disappointed in lack of choice in the restaurant but everywhere else was well worth a visit, considering there was 3 generations visiting.Written 11 March 2020
- Great activity and a nice walk to a bubbling mud and stream. Such a powerful underground of nature, amazing to visit this place.Written 30 November 2023
- My partner and I went to the show, during our holiday to New Zealand it was such a fun experience, we got to learn so much about the New Zealand Falcon “kārearea” and to see a few of them in action so close was amazing. We will definitely go back once the centre is completed. We've already reccomended this to friends and family.Written 2 September 2023
- What a great atmosphere, range of food options & great value for money all in one convenient location.… definitely go here!
We went one night with friends mostly to drink hah & again the following night to dine.
Spoilt for choice no matter which you choose, judging by the busy bustling area.Written 21 October 2023
- At firs quite boring but it had a nice garden and display after that a long walked to waterfalls it was amazing and challenging. Such a great walked.Written 30 November 2023