- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Friendly staff who were very helpful and able to book our tour straightaway. They were happy to answer our many questions and steer us in the right direction.Written 21 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You can enter the Church and it is worth the time. Lovely windows. Interesting graves in the grounds dating back to early 1880sWritten 7 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Allan was an awesome tour guide - very knowledgeable and informative. We took a wine tour (with lunch) from Paihia - the wineries were well considered, we had plenty of time at each location to enjoy the offerings and Allan was with us throughout to assist as needed. The wineries we visited were quintessentially Northland and provided good context of wineries when compared to those in other regions of New Zealand. Add to this we were provided with the opportunity to meet the wine makers who were genuine and passionate Northlanders! Part way through the tour we visited some falls and Allan also pointed out some walks we could do later in our trip. Prior to dropping us back to our accommodation Allan took us to a renowned chocolate tasting.
A great experience, a great tour and a great guide. Highly recommended.Written 12 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent wine tour with our guides Mat and Chloe. This is the best wine tour in the Bay. We are repeat customers and we will repeat again without a doubt. Recommend you take this tourWritten 14 February 2022
- I went for a full body massage and I felt so relaxed from start to finish! The waiting area is calming, the staff are really accommodating and kind, and the massage was amazing with lovely oils/lotions that left me feeling relaxed for hours afterwards.Written 23 May 2022
- Silvana fitted me in last minute for a Relaxation Massage - it was fantastic- highly recommend & will definitely be back again thanks SilvanaWritten 1 April 2022
- When walking in the downtown area of Bay of Islands (Paihia), it is located right at the boat ferry pier, and carries a wide range of both clothing (Merino) and touristy souvenier items that one can't go home without. Their prices are in line with most retailers, but selection is wide.Written 9 October 2019
- Great bar with really good, relaxed vibes. Terry was extremely helpful sorting us out with the upstairs table and bar for our mates Stag Do. Went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. Cheap booze and good music. Would highly recommend this place, and in particular the upstairs area for any private functions.
Thanks again Terry.Written 24 January 2021