Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- What a beautiful estate this is! As you drive into the car park you are presented with the most beautiful building and the grounds on the other side are so picturesque. We stopped there for a tasting plate and some wines and enjoyed the delightful ambience.Written 28 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After arriving by cruise ship this was our entrance to this amazing, city, this road runs along the coast with many sights to see, which adds to the beauty of the area.Written 5 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Without doubt a star of a winery in the Hawkes Bay. Family owned and punches well above its weight.
Wines that are a great expression of the Bay.
A warm friendly inviting experience, with some of the best wines the Bay has to offer.Written 29 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It just wouldn’t be the Great Hawkes Bay without Church Road Winery.
Multi award winning, a wine for every taste and size of wallet.
From the fantastic Church Road Tom, to their lovely entry level wines, it am absolute delight.
Powerful fruit driven wines, with a “funky” style.
Their Grand Reserve Chardonnay is the quintessential Hawkes Bay Chardonnay. Citrus fruit, oak, fresh acidity and a mouth filling rich pallet.
Do one of the many guided tastings you will not be disappointed.Written 31 October 2023
- The cruise ship shuttle stopped here, it was the perfect place to get all that was required to see this amazing art deco city, the staff are friendly and professional.Written 15 May 2023
- The hike up to shine falls was a challenge but a wonderful experience and getting to the end was so challenging yet so rewarding!
Having the correct and comfortable footwear is essential.
There is a picnic table a few metres from the waterfall.
My family enjoyed the view from the beginning to the end and even met an friendly eel ha!Written 5 June 2023
- Fabulous views on a gorgeous sunny day. It's a bit of a windy drive up to the top but worth it when you get there. Car parking is limited so we waited for a car to leave only to be beaten by another who cheekily pulled in while we were politely waiting. Finally another pulled out and we could park. There are toilets up there which seemed popular.
Great views over the Harbour and back around to Bayview. Also lovely gardens and a bit of a trail through them.Written 13 November 2023
- Great wine and Trevor was outstanding. He is a gem of a human being, knows his wine and is professional even when they are busy. He is a local legend in the Napier vineyard scene and for good reason. We bought a case of wine for our month long van tour of NZ and were able to bring two bottles back w us. Hopefully i can get them to ship a couple of cases to USA.Written 5 February 2023
- We went here as part of a tour off the ship .
Not very big but well set out so easy to see everything .
Plenty of different type of fish as well as turtles, frogs. lizards, penguins and a Kiwi bird, as far as I can remember that is the first time I have seen a Kiwi Bird , after that we bought a Kiwi Bird key chain for one of the Grandsons to put on his school bag.
Well worth a visit if you like that sort of thing .Written 23 February 2023
- Well I thought this was going to be another boring bike trail. Boy was I wrong! Starting from the Napier CBD we cycled 31km along the 4m wide bike trail along the foreshore, through the dunes, then the wetlands past Clive, then inland though the orchards to finish at Havelock North.
Throughout every 2-3km there are explanation boards about the discovery and settlement of the area. And the development of the horticultural industries.
At the 8km mark the Waitangi Park on the foreshore presents an excellent demonstration of astro navigation for transiting the Pacific Ocean as used by the early Polynesian explorers.
If you time this ride right, you can use the Havelock-Napier bus to either start or finish your journey back to the start, about a 40min bus trip. And they all have bike carriers on them. Although it will cost you at $2pp ;).Written 25 December 2022
- A lovely boutique winery and cellar door. We tasted a selection of their wines and left with some of each. John and Jo were great hosts, they provided lots of information about the wines and the vineyard.Written 21 November 2023
- Very beautiful garden right along the coast of this beautiful art-deco inspired city. Great for a nice stroll as you tour the town.Written 14 February 2023
- The ground floor tells the story of the local iwi in whose land this city lies and their chieftains. The basement tells the powerful story of the earthquake of 1931, in which 256 people lost their lives. There is also a section about Art Deco and Clarice Cliffe. A 1930s interior backdrop is provided with some period clothes for you to be photographed in and against. The top floor has some random silver items, some quite good modern art, and a quirky topic; the former Marineland, a popular tourist attraction in Napier from the 1960s up to 2009. Our late Queen visited in 1960. Changing social attitudes about performing animals led to its eventual closure. The story is told of Flash, the performing seal, who, dressed in human clothes, was taught various acts to amuse an audience. Having read his story, you discover that there he is, next to you; taxidermied! A smallish museum as they go, so doesn't take too long to visitWritten 26 November 2022
- It was low tide when we did the walk, and I would like to go back at high tide. Saw plenty of bird life, including a little kingfisher sitting on a rock watching for crabs.Written 19 May 2022
- Beautiful Pania statue placed beside a lovely water fountain. Gardens well worth a visit surrounding her , the beach and the sound of the crashing waves a delight.Written 12 March 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Napier
- The best day trips from Napier according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Half Day Small-Group Hawkes Bay Wine Tour
- Cape Winery Cycle Tour - 6 wineries, self-guided
- Napier Gourmet Luncheon Afternoon Wine & Gin or Beer Tasting Tour
- Cape Coast Wineries Self-Guided Scenic Bike Tour from Napier
- Napier City & Wine Private Tour - 6hrs - up to 5 people
- The most popular things to do in Napier with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Kiwiesque Luxury Vineyard Accommodation Wine Safaris with Bayden Wilson
- Hawkes Bay Express
- Ahuriri Napier isite Visitor Information Centre
- Marine Parade
- Supertrike Tours and Hire
Napier Attractions Information
|Tuesday 8:34 am|