- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
20 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- All was great, went to Fibretron then walked round all the gardens. Great asset for Hamilton and lovely food at cafeWritten 29 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place always brings me back to earth and reminds me how beautiful the world is - wonderful quiet areas and walks.Written 13 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Took grandkids yesterday .great experience.loved all the picnic tables and the setout .changed since I was last there .ofcourse the monkeys were our favourite.only the gorillas decided not to make an appearance.jyst a perfect day .thoroughly reccomend.Written 9 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Brilliantly routed walking track right around the entire lake with views for Africa from every way point.
Loved the walk , enjoyed the banter with the locals who live adjacent, will be back.Written 4 July 2022
- Great place to visit, loved the museum and the Cafe...superb customer service...we will be back with our familyWritten 29 March 2022
- Very well done, great way to spend a rainy day. The where children sleep exhibit was very moving. Very informative of the history of the area.Written 24 February 2021
- It was superfood because it had a playground with water. beautiful gardens and shaded bush walkways. Lots of room for families to picnic.Written 10 January 2021
- A beautiful temple! The grounds are beautiful. Colourful flowers, green grass, perfectly headged bushes. Highly recommend the trip for a session.Written 16 September 2019
- Sat on the shady side but the whole of the stadium has excellent views plus TV's and score board.
A great stadium to see any event.Written 5 March 2020
- The park at Waikato uni is very green. Breezy winds passing through, and ambience is very superb clean.Written 18 November 2020
- We had a group of 8 that toured New Zealand’s south island with Jim (of Jim Archer Tours) for 10 days in December 2019, and we highly recommend him! Jim was knowledgeable and flexible, and we felt well taken care of from our first contact through our last day of travel. The overall cost was reasonable and much less than another tour we were considering.
During planning, we told him some of the places we wanted to see, and he put together an agenda with those and more. We later changed some details, and he happily accommodated us. Jim took care of all lodging and transportation, and even tickets for activities we needed to purchase in advance, making everything worry free. A week before we arrived, a mudslide took out the road to Franz Joseph, so he re-routed us to stay at Lake Tekapo (a gorgeous lake). If traveling on our own, we would not have known until we got to the road closure!
We had 10 wonderful scenic days traveling the south island. The van was comfortable, the sites were amazing, and Jim was friendly and flexible throughout. By the time we got come, we were already talking about someday returning to see the north island – with Jim as our tour guide.Written 20 January 2020
- Took my mother to high tea for her birthday when she was visiting from out of town. Changed timing af last minute and Zealong were very flexible. Tea was lovely and single high tea food was very generous even for two. lesson don’t have lunch before you go. A great experience all round.Written 15 July 2022
- We've been here several times now. Easily the best escape rooms in Hamilton in our humble opinion. Very creative and artistic puzzles, great themes, friendly service, decent pricing, and the board game library you can use after completing your room is the icing on the cake.Written 7 April 2022
- Neither my partner or I drive, so when we decided we just had to go to Hobbiton as part of our New Zealand trip in November 2019, we were presented with a bit of a problem.
If we had just been going for the day, I'm sure we'd have managed something, but we had our hearts set on doing the Evening Banquet where you get to feast like Hobbits!
I cannot tell you how many websites we trawled through trying to find a way to do this to no avail. When I stumbled across Carrington Tours, I thought they might have been too good to be true! Not only did they book everything for us with Hobbiton, but we were presented with an itinerary of journey times and information on what to expect both on the way to and during the touritself. And our driver John, even picked us up (and dropped us off) directly from our accommodation in Hamilton, which was exactly what we needed.
John was an amazing guide who took us on a tikki tour around the New Zealand countryside on the way to Matamata and we got to see some amazing locations we would otherwise have missed. He was great to chat to, kept us entertained and was an all-round delight to have as a guide.
Thank you so much, Carrington Tours & Transfers! We will definitely look you up again on our next trip over.Written 4 May 2020
- The landscape is so nice and also the foods. There is also a guide along and introduced the history of bridges and some of them were a surprise to meWritten 27 April 2022