- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
22 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- All was great, went to Fibretron then walked round all the gardens. Great asset for Hamilton and lovely food at cafeWritten 29 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place always brings me back to earth and reminds me how beautiful the world is - wonderful quiet areas and walks.Written 13 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Brilliantly routed walking track right around the entire lake with views for Africa from every way point.
Loved the walk , enjoyed the banter with the locals who live adjacent, will be back.Written 4 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very well done, great way to spend a rainy day. The where children sleep exhibit was very moving. Very informative of the history of the area.Written 24 February 2021
- It was superfood because it had a playground with water. beautiful gardens and shaded bush walkways. Lots of room for families to picnic.Written 10 January 2021
- A beautiful temple! The grounds are beautiful. Colourful flowers, green grass, perfectly headged bushes. Highly recommend the trip for a session.Written 16 September 2019
- The Hamilton Night market is a new way to try different cuisines at an affordable rate. The food is good and there is also singers and crafts there. there's something for everyone at the night markets.Written 4 May 2018
- The park at Waikato uni is very green. Breezy winds passing through, and ambience is very superb clean.Written 18 November 2020
- I was passing through Hamilton and thought I should drop by to see Riff Raff again, just outside the Waikato Museum. Richard O'Brien will be remembered long after the politician who refused to let him return home and become a NZ citizen.Written 14 June 2022
- The i-Site is in an old building along with an art gallery (Art Post). There is the usual wide array of brochures and souvenirs.Written 14 June 2022
- Great place to bring your dog to run around and mix with other breeds as well. The river is also accessible for dogs to swim on a hot day as well (just remember to bring them a towel to dry off!)Written 21 May 2019
- This park is definitely worth a visit. It contains multi aspects of several different campaigns. A very moving and enjoyable experience.Written 28 March 2020
- With terraces sweeping down to the river, this open space has memorials to Maori culture, seating, and mural art. It is a quiet place, close to food shops and the main road.Written 14 June 2022
- The ArtsPost shop and gallery is co-located with the Hamilton i-Site. There is a great array of painting, sculpture, and ceramics, with crafts and souvenirs to buy.Written 14 June 2022
- We had no plans for our drive from Rotorua to Auckland so we slipped this in the journey. We got a good laugh trying to envision how this "work of art" began. It's a curvey road off the main path so if time is not a problem and you enjoy quirky things, then this is for you. We had a few cows Atari g at us, probably laughing at the silliness. The drive heading towards Auckland after seeing the fence was spectacular! It gave us a real feel for NZ. Very rural so no pressure to go fast, especially on the right curved road. At the top of the mountain was the most wonderful views - Big plus.Written 5 July 2019