Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- First visit to these gardens ......there was so much to see in the themed gardens and its free to enter plus parking is free as well ...even the cafe was good but not free 🤣Written 10 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful, well laid out and accessible zoo. Great range of animals within walking distance.
Zoo is always being uodated/improved and yet these seldom impinge on a day out there.
Great knowledge from friendly keepers and staff, lovely new cafe abd playgroundWritten 26 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful museum, clean and tidy. Remarkable exhibits.
Fascinating invites to yesteryear in NZ history as well.Written 1 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had an hour or so to kill so decided to visit Hamilton Domain. The first thing is access. There appears to be one way in and one way out. Apart from that, the views are pleasant. Although sunny, it was a very windy and cold day - probably best to avoid when there is a howling southerly blowing. I am sure on a nice calm day it would be lovely.
There is a walk that runs along the northern shore, almost parallel to the road. Various amenity trees lends character.Written 21 November 2023
- Lovely walk, not difficult, lovely little pond with ducks and we fed the chickens near the arrival carpark. Good for dogs (must be on leads) and some beautiful views from the lookout pointWritten 8 November 2023
- This is not a museum in the traditional sense of the word. It is more of an art gallery, showcasing local and out of town talents. I think it is important to highlight this because if you visited expecting a regular museum, you would be disappointed. But if your intention was to visit an art gallery, then you would be pleased.
However, of the non-art exhibits, the highlight for me was to see the waka (Maori war canoe), Te Winika. The other highlight was an exhibit on museum exhibits, ie. on how exhibits are curated and maintained.Written 21 November 2023
- We were looking for something to do with enthusiastic and energetic kids. We also didn't want to break the bank, and this was reasonable priced. The place sounded interesting... and it was! Sue at the check in was awesome and informative. It was so cool to imagine that 40 years ago it was a barren quarry. It blew our minds to realize that everything there was planted and grew in the last 37 years. It is amazing. So beautiful! Lots of fun sculptures to look at and look for. The hunt for all the owls kept us engaged. There is also an "Escape Room" type game you can play for a larger fee. It is a good hike up and down the mountain, so you can feel like you got your workout in! Good for kids, but Probably not good for strollers or wheelchairs.
Also worth noting: They thoughtfully provide umbrellas, which we took advantage of and we were glad we did, as it did rain on us. There is also a bathroom about halfway around.
The kids gave it two thumbs up. We loved all the amazing art, and really enjoyed reading the story behind some of them. We also really loved Sue.Written 5 December 2023
- Sat on the shady side but the whole of the stadium has excellent views plus TV's and score board.
A great stadium to see any event.Written 5 March 2020
- The temple has been reconstructed to strengthen the building, and the church had opened it up for the public to go in, visit, and have a look into this marbled, chandeliered, monumental, immaculately kept palace! In general if you are not a member of the Mormon faith, you are not allowed into the temple, however the temple was open over the month of September 2022, so my whanau and I were lucky to have visited. It was pretty spectacular, with pillars & stillness, colorful, additional beautified amenities, you would hope to see in heaven, that's if in fact, you get there! The gardens are always immaculately maintained, and at Christmas, it is absolutely amazing, especially with the Christmas lights, choir & theater.Written 17 November 2022
- What a fantastic few hours. We found Dale and his crew both informative and fun.
Such a blast driving these very fast cars with a calm and precise instructor at my side.
The hot lap at the end was amazing.
Thanks so muchWritten 9 October 2022
- The information centre is apart of the Arts Post gallery. It’s housed in a lovely historical building just next door to the museum. I enjoyed walking around the art gallery looking at the interesting pottery and artworks.Written 20 September 2022
- The manager here, Yvonne made this such an awesome visit and it turned into a lot of fun. Many thanks to her. Also allowed us in a tad earlier and is so knowledgeable about the different beers.
We tasted various beers and were pleasantly surprised.
There is a brewery, but not for tours.Written 4 October 2023
- This is a very pretty little park on River Road in the heart of Hamilton City and overlooking the beautiful Waikato River. There are several walkways, lots of lovely trees and gardens and a play area for children where there are slides and shallow pools for children to play in (over the summer)Written 6 May 2023
- Visiting Inspirit Gallery is a regular treat on my Sunday morning rounds.
The gallery features many leading arts and crafts specialist wares from around the country, and I often find something to admire, or buy.
It is also a very special place with a unique river valley Waikato country outlook, and Jenny who runs it is spirited and knowledgeable, always good for a chat too.
One of my favourite Waikato destinations for sure, and one connected to a number of others of interest and merit nearby in this most beautiful part of the Waikato countryside.Written 4 December 2022
- Plenty of parking and seating to enjoy your ice cream. Next to Camarosa Restaurant that belongs to the same owner. Pick your own strawberries and raspberries if they are in season. Entry fees applied. They sell freshly picked berries or frozen if not in season. Real fruit ice cream or yogurt. They do coffee as well. They have a dedicated play area with plenty of seating for parents to sit and watch the kids while enjoying their ice creamWritten 23 January 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Hamilton
- The best day trips from Hamilton according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves In a Small Group Tour from Auckland
- Private Tour: Hobbiton Movie Set & Hamilton Gardens Experience
- Glowworm Canyoning Adventure - Private Tour From Auckland
Hamilton Attractions Information
|Monday 11:28 am|