Top Attractions in Hamilton
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- All was great, went to Fibretron then walked round all the gardens. Great asset for Hamilton and lovely food at cafeWritten 29 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place always brings me back to earth and reminds me how beautiful the world is - wonderful quiet areas and walks.Written 13 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Took grandkids yesterday .great experience.loved all the picnic tables and the setout .changed since I was last there .ofcourse the monkeys were our favourite.only the gorillas decided not to make an appearance.jyst a perfect day .thoroughly reccomend.Written 9 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Brilliantly routed walking track right around the entire lake with views for Africa from every way point.
Loved the walk , enjoyed the banter with the locals who live adjacent, will be back.Written 4 July 2022
- Great place to visit, loved the museum and the Cafe...superb customer service...we will be back with our familyWritten 29 March 2022
- Plenty of parking and seating to enjoy your ice cream. Next to Camarosa Restaurant that belongs to the same owner. Pick your own strawberries and raspberries if they are in season. Entry fees applied. They sell freshly picked berries or frozen if not in season. Real fruit ice cream or yogurt. They do coffee as well. They have a dedicated play area with plenty of seating for parents to sit and watch the kids while enjoying their ice creamWritten 23 January 2021
- Very well done, great way to spend a rainy day. The where children sleep exhibit was very moving. Very informative of the history of the area.Written 24 February 2021
- It was superfood because it had a playground with water. beautiful gardens and shaded bush walkways. Lots of room for families to picnic.Written 10 January 2021
- Despite it not being “pick your own” time of year or day, this place was great fun. With acres of berries growing it was good just to see them and then go to the shop to purchase some (some fresh, some frozen) and indulge in some of the very nicest ice cream with your choice of fresh fruit. However you look at it, with smiling, friendly service and huge serves, the ice cream alone is worth the trip!Written 11 March 2020
- Nice facilities, food available on site. Awesome place for kids out on this hot weather. Suggestion: Staff can be more proactive with the visitors. Overall nice place.cWritten 9 December 2019
- A beautiful temple! The grounds are beautiful. Colourful flowers, green grass, perfectly headged bushes. Highly recommend the trip for a session.Written 16 September 2019
- Sat on the shady side but the whole of the stadium has excellent views plus TV's and score board.
A great stadium to see any event.Written 5 March 2020
- The smell is amazing! A beautiful peaceful place, with delicious coffee available. We have been coming here for 3 years in a row now, to pick lavender and blueberries. Quiet areas to sit & enjoy the scenery, easy walking & a little shop full of lavender goodies. There is also edible lavender!Written 14 January 2022
- The Hamilton Night market is a new way to try different cuisines at an affordable rate. The food is good and there is also singers and crafts there. there's something for everyone at the night markets.Written 4 May 2018
- The park at Waikato uni is very green. Breezy winds passing through, and ambience is very superb clean.Written 18 November 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Hamilton
- The best day trips from Hamilton according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Hobbiton Movie Set & Glow-Worm Cave Tour from Auckland (Return Trip)
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves In a Small Group Tour from Auckland
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Hamilton Garden Experience
- Winter Snow & Ski Tours to Mt.Ruapehu from Auckland
- Hobbiton Movie Set and Rotorua Day Tour from Auckland