62 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Historic Sites • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The food is amazing, the wines even better and David and Shona exceptional wine experience. A must do whilst in Gisborne without a doubt.Written 14 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fabulous setting with amazing staff and service. The platter was the best I’ve had in a long time.
Really enjoyed the barrel Chardonnay 😀. Take time to look at the art too .Written 1 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We discovered this cute little museum on a miserable wet day in Gisborne. It was really good value for money. There was a really interesting well curated history of the local area. There was a good mix of art, Māori and European history, maritime history and memorabilia. There were lots of pictorial representation with great accompanying descriptions. The old cottage was an added bonus. The staff were friendly and helpful. This was a great little find that we’d highly recommend.Written 14 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I can recommend this brewery for a great choice of beers. A bonus is that they also have a choice of Pizzas. They have seating inside and outside (Covered), they are also wheelchair accessible and have a wheelchair accessible toiletWritten 22 February 2023
- We traveled thru NZ with Lindblad/NatGeo and this farm was one of my most favorite experiences while in NZ. Super interesting and informative. This family is genuine and kind. Our whole group loved it.Written 28 November 2023
- This church doesn't look like too much outside, still nice, but inside is beautiful. Def worth a stop to take a peek and see the beautiful windows and carvings.Written 18 January 2021
- We visited on a fine summer's day, not too many people around. Beach is sandy and good for swimming. There is a hill with a short lookout walk nearby. Only one store, so pays to bring your own food and drink if you want something special.Written 24 December 2022
- We found this by accident, we were looking for St Mary’s church (sadly all boarded up!) We drove up to the summit and sat and watched the view of Gisborne.Written 10 October 2022
- The centre is co-located with the long distance bus stop and is not far from the beach. It has toilets next door, mini golf out the back and a skate park over the road. It has a good supply of souvenirs and postcards, with brochures of much in the area. A park is nearby with a long walking / cycling trailWritten 14 June 2022
- Alongside the river this is a lovely place to spend a sunny afternoon. The range of wines is good but if you’re looking to truly experience Gisborne wine head to the wineries. Good range of food and snacks and as I say you really can’t beat sitting on the deck overlooking the river.Written 19 November 2020
- Best beach in the Gisborne area with interesting rock and reef formation at far end. Lots of parking and a beautiful long stretch of coastline.Written 28 March 2021
- It demonstrates historic things about this gisborne city and put up for display. Not so interesting if the city is not so personal to you.Written 29 August 2019
- This is a great boardwalk along the seafront and it meets up with the other walkway/cycleway - Alfred Cox that ends at the i-Site.Written 14 June 2022
- Amazing tree canopy. Lovelly fern undergrowth. However, when we were there yesterday (Thursday) there was a putrid smell of something decomposing on the short ring walk!Written 25 February 2021
- Having driven past here many times on the way to and from work, I had always thought it looked an interesting place, especially since the new outdoor area was roofed over.
Yesterday, with a friend, we called in here for a drink, and spent a very pleasant hour sitting chatting in the sun enjoying the ambiance and a drink or two. There was an interesting wine, beer and cider list, the citrus cider was particularly nice on a warm afternoon while my friend enjoyed the beer. We will definitely be back.Written 6 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Gisborne
Gisborne Attractions Information
|Wednesday 3:08 pm|