Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I drive past it daily but had never been up. Decided to have a walk up just to see the sights.
There is a parking area on Mountain Road, just beside the entrance. You are able to get a code if you needed to drive up. The walk itself wasn't too difficult. It was uphill but not very steep.
Once you get to the top of the road you can trek up to the top of the mountain on the path. The path was gravel and mud and was quite loose in some places. It took us about 10 minutes to get to the top.
The sights at the top were quite nice, overlooking Panmure and the surrounding area. The views over the Tamaki River were also quite nice.
We opted to walk down the other side and ended up on a different road. We had to walk along the Ellerslie Panmure highway to get back to the car. It would have been nice if you were able to loop back to the carpark area from both entrances.Written 13 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We chose Lux because it was the only cinema in the city with the movie we wanted to see at a reasonable hour after a busy week of work. The web site made no mention of what the Lux experience included and we elected to pay seriously inflated seat prices as a treat.
We now know the ticket includes a drink and popcorn, and taking this cost off the ticket price makes this an overall experience at an acceptable price (as long as you understand the overall package you're signing up for). This is not an everyday family cinema but we'd go again as a couple for a movie we really wanted to see on the big screen.
Staff we interacted with were helpful eg alerting us to the drink (served in an actual glass) and popcorn inclusion. And while the toilets were unmarked (gender neutral but nothing to explain this) and not serviced (no soap or toilet paper) when we advised staff of the issues they gave us the impression these would be addressed immediately.Written 23 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our cruise ship arrived quite late into this lovely port, this was one of only three shops still open, as a result, they were backed with visitors off our ship, the staff were friendly and helpful, the souvenirs were reasonably priced, all in all a nice experience.Written 6 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A very good massage here. Clean and professional. Found the staff friendly and was able to use their shower after using oil so didn't feel sticky prior to returning to work.Written 23 November 2017
- Was given a voucher for hear so booked a relaxation massage & facial.
Wasn't that impressed upon arrival as looked like a shop front but you're taken out back to a waiting area.
My therapist was Stevie & she was lovely. I spent the next part of 2 hours in complete relaxation. She only spoke when required & did a great job.
I would happily go back to her for further treatments.Written 28 August 2016
- I booked in for combination Nano brows. Jel was just the most loveliest beautician I've ever had and she did the best work of art of my brows. The best hygiene, no pain, clean salon, great music, care and the time taken for the best result. After the first session I had no issues, not much healing needed for me and after the first month not much fading either. Highly recommend and will be back for sure.Written 1 December 2023
- TERRIBLE GYM EVER!!!!
All that they want is to rip you off.
The sound system is too loud. They only have rowers and treadmills in the entire gym. Plus if you come late to the class you're not allowed to enter, if you don't enter you have to pay extra 15 dollars because you couldn't attend the class. If you book the class e can't make it and decide to cancel it, you pay again. If you forget your bloody heartbeat watch, they can borrow you one but again, you have to pay. So basically, you pay 200 dollars/month plus whatever happens during the month, and the worse part is, if you want to cancel, they don't allow you and keep playing stupidity with you. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME WITH THESE SCAMMERS!Written 24 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Mount Wellington
- The best day trips from Mount Wellington according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Half-Day Volcano Tour from Auckland
- Full-Day Grand Auckland Volcanoes Tour
- Shore Excursion: Half-Day Auckland Volcanoes Tour
Mount Wellington Attractions Information
|Monday 12:21 am|