Speciality & Gift Shops • Art Galleries
Tours near Portobello
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The only reason this attraction has been marked "very good" instead of "excellent" is because of the renovations taking place that are temporarily hampering activity and display within. Still well worth a visit as these "Happy Hens" go all around the world.Written 23 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I loved this place as a kid, and it's nice to see all the work which has gone into it. Brilliant place to bring the kids to exploreWritten 17 July 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I wandered into this museum strolling through Portobello.
What a find!
The historical society have done a terrific job of curating this. Lots of interesting and fun things to see and snap.
We spent at least half an hour here. And it wasn't even open!
Would love to come back when it's open.Written 27 January 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Super friendly service & on time. A must do if you want to do the harbour loop bike ride. You can book either way but just need to google search which route you want. Either Port Chalmers to Portobello or visa versa.Written 11 November 2023
- Closed at time of visiting, pulled over to ask about in the next door cafe. Got screamed at by someone from the studio as I had innocently and briefly parked across the driveway. Shame.Written 13 June 2017
Portobello Attractions Information
|Sunday 4:43 am|