Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- The climb is steep but manageable with good pathways. The views from the top are spectacular. A beautiful safe place to visitWritten 19 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited Mt Maunganui as part of our North Island road trip and it was an absolute highlight. The beach itself is so picturesque with the mountain backdrop, and there are fantastic amenities close by. All in all a wonderful beach day!Written 20 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We do it every time when we are at ‘The Mount’. The walk around the Mount is not too long and mostly flat. It is a very beautiful coastal walk along the Pacific Ocean. Highly recommended.Written 18 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our cruise ship stopped here so it was easy to take a nice stroll along the shoreline and even go into the small town of Maunganui. It's a lovely setting and it's particularly noteworthy because of the view out to Mount Maunganui. We also strolled through the town as well as along the ocean side of Maunganui. It's was a nice couple of hours off the ship.Written 7 June 2023
- Amazing experience. I cannot express fully my respect for the personal time that Hugh Bomford and his co workers have given in keeping our historical records in one place .This a Must Visit place for anyone with links or association with Rhodesia /Zimbabwe . Or just an interest in the region. What an oasis in a desert .Many thanks to Hugh for the time you spent in explaining the various displays .All ln all I spent around 5 hours ,the hours flew by .Thanks once again to Hugh and the team .Cheers Colin Huffer . Ps if you can , please become a financial member and help keep this museum alive .Written 17 November 2023
- Some things never change. You can only approach this island on foot from the beach and you can get some really good views. You still get the youngsters jumping off the rocks and the odd anglers looking for a bite. Still worth the walk around.Written 23 January 2023
- A great spot for retail therapy or, as we did, to catch up with friends over lunch [lots! of options]. Clean facilities and easy parking. Seems to always have road works outside when we visit?! But a small price to pay.Written 10 June 2021
- The Anzac memorial is worth a visit if only to remember the Australian and New Zealand forces that made the ultimate sacrifice on the side of Britain and the allies during ww2Written 22 February 2023
- Had a family day out including 2 young grandchildren at The Bay. It is such a picturesque ground with Mount Maunganui in the background. The Northern Braves beat the Auckland Aces pretty convincingly in what was a fun afternoon. Three hours was enough for the grandkids so we skipped the ladies match afterwards.
It is a tidy ground but it will have to have some covered areas for protection from rain, wind and strong sunshine especially as it has International status.Written 22 January 2023
- The karts were a lot of fun - a fabulous family experience. My daughters, both 15 were so animated afterwards, chatting and laughing about their speed and skill - or lack thereof! My husband thoroughly enjoyed himself too. On arrival, Lance was so friendly and calmed a rather stressed mother (me) when we arrived a little late. An awesome and truly kiwi experience that I would highly recommend to anyone wanting some fun and a bit of adrenaline.Written 24 October 2023
- I went with my 3 children (8 and under) and we all had a blast. My toddler especially loved being able to climb as high as he wanted without any worry on my part. And being clipped in to the harness, I could relax knowing he wouldn’t run off! The auto harnesses were so good. My older 2 children loved challenging themselves. We can’t wait to go again. So many different walls and challenges to climb on. The staff were fantastic.Written 17 November 2023
- these guys have some beautiful pieces in their shop and i cannot wait to purchase some Xmas gifts from here for this years secret santa!Written 1 October 2021
- Really enjoyed my game here today despite the rain. Course in good condition with lovely fairways and fast greens. Could have played with a number of members who made me feel very welcome. Guy in the pro shop was friendly and very helpful. Catering very good. Highly recommendedWritten 29 September 2022
- This facility is an absolute credit to the rate payers of Tauranga. Immaculate and well presented with first class staff.
Clean and tidy. Well maintained
Whoever is running this facility is doing a great job.Written 11 June 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Mount Maunganui
- The top attractions to visit in Mount Maunganui are:
- Mount Maunganui Summit Track
- Mt Maunganui Main Beach
- Mount Maunganui Base Track
- Pilot Bay
- The Lion & Tusk - Museum of the Rhodesian Services Association
- The best day trips from Mount Maunganui according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua Highlights
- Rotorua Geothermal Living Maori Village Tour Whakarewarewa 6.5hours Tour
- 6hr Hobbiton Movie Set Tour - Departs Tauranga
- 6 hour Small-Group Rotorua Naturally Shore Excursion From Tauranga
- Tauranga Tour - Rotorua Hell's Gate Geothermal Park & Mud Spa