Points of Interest & Landmarks • Historic Walking Areas
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The main shopping/dining area of Banff Avenue was closed off to vehicles. Paid parking available about a 10 minute walk away and free parking at the train station (about 15 minute walk away). Enjoyed the Spirit of Christmas shop and the Rocky Mountain chocolate/candy shop. Several souvenir shops and some hiking/sporting goods stores. The Bay is the largest store in that area. Several restaurants in the area. There is a grocery store, liquor store, hardware store and small movie theatre just off of Banff Avenue as well. Lots of people out and about.Written 2 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We happened upon the gardens and took a break from the rushing around of touring and enjoyed the grounds with all the flowers, ponds, and beautiful landscaping. These gardens are very tranquil and well planned. We were amazed at the beautiful variety of flowers and that they were mostly all in bloom given that we were there in September which seems late in the flowering season for us from the Eastern part of the US. If horticulture is in your interest, this is a must see.Written 13 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Cosmic Ray station is nothing more than a tiny 3m x 3m boarded up shack at the top of the Sulphur mountain view point. The BIG ATTRACTION here is actually the view of the surrounding mountains/valley/town below.
I would give the old station 2 out of 5 stars and the view from there, 10 out of 5 stars!!
If you are able bodied then the walk from the gondola to this viewpoint is extremely easy. Even for elderly - it should not pose too much difficulty as long as they can go up and down stairs.
There are MANY stairs going both up and down along the route with quick a number of places to stop and view the mountain.Written 24 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Tucked away in the lower floor of Glyde Hall is this great place that exhibits amazing contemporary art. The halls are very spacious with great lighting, and they get fascinating shows in. We were at the Banff Centre to take in the Mountain Film Festival, and popped in to see was on offer. Staff were helpful and friendly, and very campy exhibit really complemented the films at the festival.Written 18 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Banff
- These places are best for points of interest & landmarks in Banff:See more points of interest & landmarks in Banff on Tripadvisor