Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Marlborough Region
Admission tickets from NZ$20.52
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We walked in from the Anakiwa for a short walk, it was mostly flat and an easy walk to Umangata Bay where there is access to a beach and picnic area. There was bird life and beautiful views of Grove Arm waterway. There was a toilet near Umangata Bay. Highly recommend visiting this area.Written 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An excellent museum showcasing aircraft from the First and Second world wars. Well worth visiting and a nice cafe attached.Written 28 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Picton has always been just a place to park and wait for the ferry, so spent two days with hubby relaxing. Walked to Bobs Bay, had a dip in the sea and thoroughly enjoyed it! Did some lovely gift shopping and lots of relaxation.Written 30 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic views of beautiful bays and bush covered mountains. Something new around every corner. Great to explore by foot, ferry, bike, water, road, path, air, boat, coast, mountain... Just do it!Written 28 May 2021
- Absolutely worth seeing! Visited with kids (one in wheelchair) and adults and all found it fascinating. Amazing to be inside the ship and read the crimes and sentences for deported convicts!! Not wheelchair friendly (luckily we were able to carry our child around).Written 10 May 2022
- Not to be missed! Admission by appointment only. Stunning 10 acre classical garden with outstanding views of the sea. Family run, great hospitality. Exceptional experience.Written 9 February 2020
- We were lucky to have been here for a sailing to Wellington on a good autumn day. Picton township provided some nice coffee and a place to stretch our legs after a drive in. Certainly a picturesque part of the country and taking the Cook Strait ferry gave a birds eye view from the sea.
Waikawa Bay was a nice spot a short drive from Picton for a picnic lunch.Written 11 April 2022
- We are an adult family of four who spent weekend in Marlborough and wine tastings. St Clair was our favourite. Gavin did an awesome job of bringing the wines to life with stories and facts about the wine and the process.
So many others put a piece of paper and wines in front of you - but not St Clair. We enjoyed all the wines and purchased some to enjoy at home.
Lovely setting and we will be back.Written 10 July 2022
- Communication was great
The ferry was not going the day before because of extreme weather so we were a bit nervous.
But we got email updates and the staff were fantastic.
The interior of the ship was very clean and it all looked greatWritten 23 July 2022
- The staff, the natural beauty, the accommodation all superb . Only 20 mins ferry trip from Picton to this oasis.Everything about this place is superb. The accommodation with high level of cleanliness and views of the sea and punga ferns, the local wildlife - Kune kune pigs, weka, kakariki, bids, chooks etc and access to Queen Charlotte Sounds walkway - divine . Plus free use of kayaks and paddle boards. Excellent wine list and restaurant menu and a double bath house in the bush - tranquillity plus!Written 5 April 2022
- A small self guided informative Museum that contains a lot of well preserved & presented displays that showcase Havelock's history very well.Written 29 May 2021
- We needed some maps of the local things to see and do, we weren't disappointed, the staff were busy at that time but we were not in a rush and they were most helpfulWritten 6 March 2020
- The gardens in Marlborough are always well tended with flowers of the season but Pollard Park is the jewel in the crown. Always something to see Rhododendrons, Roses, Azalea’s & beds of summer annuals all set with a stream & parkland. Plenty of seating for picnics or duck feeding or just wander & explore. Parking good.Written 4 June 2022
- Great experience, pre booked $20 for 6 tastings got way more than a taste, and a discount if u purchased a bottle. We were 14 in barrel room perfect group venue. Jo was a great host. Definitely worth a visit even if you don’t like wine. Our beer drinker left with 3 bottles of the late harvest gewurzt lol. A must if in Marlborough!Written 21 July 2022
- 4 1/2 stars
While entry fee is on the higher range, based on being able to revisit the aquarium more than once pays for itself.
Our kids (and us) enjoyed the displays and seeing the animals at the attraction. On our second visit, one of the staff talked to us about the animals and took time to answer our kid’s questions about the land and sea creatures. Thank you for that! Made our visit even more amazing.
All the best for the future and we hope that the Port realises what an asset you are so we can visit again in the near future.
Thank you.Written 3 December 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Marlborough Region
- The best day trips from Marlborough Region according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full-Day Marlborough Wine Tour Including Wine Tasting
- Jimmy’s Classic Marlborough Wine tours
- 1/2 day Marlborough wine tour, lunch stop at a winery (5hrs) Blenheim or Renwick
- Full Day Marlborough Sounds Mail Boat Cruise
- Full-Day Marlborough Catamaran Cruise with Wine Tour and Lunch