Top Attractions in Arorangi
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Small but great little place to learn about the Cook Islands ecology and a fantastic section on shipwreaks and whaling. Not expensive and well worth a visit.Written 25 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Thoroughly enjoyed snorkelling in the lagoon each day (especially the marine reserve section). Plenty of fish and large variety, some live corals. Can be a strong current (felt like I was swimming into a southerly!) so make sure you use flippers. Good place for children to learn to snorkel as it is shallow for a long way out and there are plenty of sandy parts to stand up whilst adjusting masks/snorkels etc without damaging the coral.Written 8 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Something lovely to view whilst its a rainy windy day or to have a break out of the sun. Love the reflection of the island and beautiful work in colours.Written 7 November 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is great place. They have an "honesty box" where you leave your money. We never saw anyone at the container which serves as the "shop"
There is a simple sign "Art" painted in white on a black board with an arrow on the main road pointing up the short walk... Do not miss itWritten 7 February 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Wow what trip away and I just loved every bit of it ! The e bike are great in every way for that beautiful wee island 🏝 I had the e bike for 3 weeks and found they were better than hiring a car and the little motor bikes as you felt you could have more time to take everything in and read the signs and just stop anywhere for a swim or have breakfast /lunch /dinner and always having no problem getting a park ! The batteries are really good on the bikes so you have no problems doing the distance and then throw them on the charge at the end of the day! I found out I did 485km in my time there and I really loved it ! And I am NOT supper fit 10/10 ..thank you guys for making me feel right at home and making my holiday one of my best!😊👌I will definitely be back to do it all over again! I honestly don’t think there’s anything you guys need to do to improve your business 💯 keep up the good work and your beautiful smile’s 😃 because I still have mine ! Take care guys ❤️Written 5 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great experience. The hosts were lovely. We were lucky enough to be part of a small group so it felt like we had just joined a family get-together. Mānia and Ngame, along with their lovely crew, go through great lengths to make sure everyone gets an amazing experience and put on a great show, including the string band and fire show that follows the dinner you help cook.
Highly recommended if you want an intimate experience, away from the larger commercial operators.Written 4 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Visited. Owners were lovely and very helpful. We had lots of fun and the course is in great condition. We took about 40 mins to play and think this is a must do if you're visiting the island.Written 26 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We hired a car for a few days from Island Rentals in Muri. We just walked in & hoped we would be offered a good deal as it was not busy.
This place is much more expensive than elsewhere so I suggest you look around first. We were told it would cost $60. Then it was per day.
... plus the insurance waiver (which she advised is now compulsory)....plus an admin fee....plus additional for both drivers - all up $170.
When talking with other tourists, they got cars cheaper at Avis & Rarotongan Rentals, no extras for insurance etc.Written 29 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I have travelled to Rarotonga many many times I have had Spa treatments at Rumours, Te Manava, Muri Beach to name a few.
Ariki was a huge disappointment the foyer was dingy and unwelcoming, the rooms were budget with no elegance or flare - you are paying top dollar, we asked for a couples Spa this is how it went down.
On arrival no one greeted us there were 2 forms on a clip board which we filled in, we sat on uncomfortable chairs that were falling apart in a drab entrance area of the Spa. Finally a lady appeared from a room 10 after our booked time she then separated us, as they only had one foot bath!!!!! there was no pool to,soak in no lovely refreshing drink… the linens smelt dirty on the massage bed.
The massage was a marginal rub down the facial was just a lot of popping wet tissue masks on I certainly didn’t feel like it was worth the $568.00 I paid and would not return. The whole thing took 1 hour 45 with wages of around 28 per girl.Written 27 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My wife and I rented a bike from Brendan during our 6 week honeymoon in Rarotonga. The bike was in great condition and was rented at a very affordable rate.
If you're new to the scooter, Brendan will take you out on a little intro drive to show you how to handle it. He will also help you become familiar with the local driving conventions before taking your test at the police station.
We had no mechanical issues with the bike the whole time, but Brendan is on call to help if anything should go wrong. Thanks again to Brendan and Kimmy at BT Rentals!Written 11 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Absolute must do while is Rarotonga. We booked a private 2 hour contrast therapy session which included a brief intro about the benefits of sauna and ice bath. Set in the lush tropical gardens with sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean this is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate. We felt so good after our session we will definitely be back!Written 17 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I would recommend this tour if you are keen to avoid the masses, do some intrepid travel at your own pace and discover Rarotonga in a fun, and laid back way. Anne-Marie arrives at your accommodation on time and thoroughly explains the features of the player etc. Rather than using the double headsets provided I linked the mp3 player through a portable speaker which was well suited to our family as we completed the tour by car. The commentary is accurate, informative and we had a few laughs along the way.
This self guided style of tour is great for people who do not wish to be cramped into a tour mini van or truck with sunburnt, mosquito bitten strangers all worrying when the next toilet break will be. The best thing of all is you start and stop when you want, grab a bite at places you not normally would stop at and discover a true laid back lifestyle of the Cook Islands.
Tuts & AliciaWritten 19 October 2012This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Arorangi
- The most popular things to do in Arorangi with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Arorangi on Tripadvisor