Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We went on the one-day Introduction to Winter Mountaineering course with Jenny. We had a fantastic day in the Remarkables. The course gave us a solid foundation in use of crampons and ice axes, which really increased our confidence for winter hiking in New Zealand and at home in the UK. Jenny was very informative and constructive. The day was well structured and challenging but we felt in totally safe hands throughout. It was also a lot of fun, especially sliding head first down snowy hills to practice self-arrest. Highly recommended.Written 18 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My sensory experience: I did not realise how tense I was in my shoulders, neck and head was until I started to float but by the end of the float I was totally relaxed and pain free (I did not actually know I was in pain before the float) - I loved feeling the music vibration through the water, healing sound vibration I already know about but it was super nice to actually feel it through the water - I was surprised how relaxing holding you arms in different positions and the actual weight of my body even though I’m a size 10/12 to actually feel what we are carrying around with us each day is amazing and yet how light I felt too; that I was levitating like floating on air, there was no join between body and water - when you turn out the lights while you float it is so quiet that there’s just your heart beating - I’m glad I made my choice of music for 10 min (aprox) start then silence then 10 minute music again before my session finished - the water felt like you were bathing in thick milk or watery lotion - my skin felt super healthy, silky smooth and soft - I know you can do a couples float but I’m so glad I took advice to do it alone as it was nice not bumping into anyone and being able to just be all about ‘ME’, time to really use my senses and sensations. I had a quick glass of water then an hour massage which was my first ever massage - it was fabulous - i did have tender places in my body and ‘knots’ which I did not know I had until massaged then “ouch” but in a good way and I’m sure that I’m more supple now - it was lovely and relaxing having the massage after the float - I think I was more relaxed and therefore more easier to massage as I would have been tensed up; so I’m sure my body benefited better with a double treat. I would highly recommend and this a great idea for a gift to book or a gift voucher so they can decide what they want to do - I’d recommend both a float and a massage, I was going to split mine (as I got as a gift massage/float) but so glad I didn’t and decided to do it all in one go as I’m sure my body benefited far better from doing so. Lots of parking - easy to find - super, super friendly staff, soo nice - forms to fill out - you can easily book on line to avoid disappointment - short info video - I’d recommend not to wear jewellery - no recent piercings or tattoos - no alcohol or caffeine - there’s a shower for before/after (no hairdryers though or anywhere that I saw to put your makeup on etc for after - you get a robe to wear if you’re going for a massage after - there’s a room for in between your float and massage but this is also where you go/sit to fill in your forms and there are people dressed waiting for their appointments etc (while you’re in your robe) - you can have water or a cup of herbal tea - there are products to buy - staff take the time to ask you about your experience, they are super lovely and very professional and obviously love their job, they are full of information and put you at ease if it’s your first float - If you like my review then please give me a thumbs up as it make me feel it’s been worth my while to taking the time to write a review - I’m sure every single person will have a different experience.Written 16 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A very nicely-decorated store selling different sort of stuff. They are not cheap but a nice visit when you walk around in town.Written 3 January 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beauty treatment to die for the worlds best view A total pamper.
These feet are now made for walking. Brilliant professional treatment. Pedicure with friendly yet very professional serviceWritten 16 October 2021
- Super helpful, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Went out of their way to make sure our gear was suited to us. Remembered us and the gear we needed when we returned a couple days later. The gear rental is also very competitively priced compared to other rental places in QueenstownWritten 27 September 2020
- Went to pick up our car in Auckland & it was in the worst condition. Dents & scratches on the outside & ripped/damages seats inside. Nothing like the picture on their website. It was an embarrassment to drive around for a week. Won't be using this car rental place again.Written 29 April 2021
Great service from the English guy and girl, picked up at 1330, taken for training , both lovely helpful, great trip tour, nice treats on top, great views, worth the trek
The take home driver
1. Poor driving skills
2 no idea where he was going
3 stoped off on his phone and didn’t come back for a while, no idea where he was, would have been nice to know
4 we got off as we were fed up of being stuck in a van
My friends stayed but were dumped by him as he said his shift was over and you’ll
Have to find another way back
Tarnished what was a great afternoon
PleaseWritten 24 January 2023
- This shop is just next to Frank’s Eatery, nice shop and honey ranges. Prices are reasonable, some of them are even cheaper than supermarket and pharmacy. Bought honeycomb for myself and Manuka honey for parents.Written 9 April 2019
- Such a cheap and simple way to get from the airport and return.
On our trip back to airport, we had Rhonda who was positive, happy, chatty and on time.
Booked online and select the time that suited us to go to the airportWritten 8 October 2023
- We did just the first 3 days on alternate route (Tekapo to Twizel) finishing in Omarama. We had a blast. The gear & accommodation that Trail Adventure provided was all top notch. Great clear communication, and flexible enabling us to fit in extra sight seeing.Written 4 December 2023
- We had an excellence experience here. Simon introduced us to many wines during our tasting, and educated us on many aspects of them. He was friendly, professional, and very knowledgeable.
Given my knowledge of wines is limited, it was really nice to have someone who could take my descriptions of what I like and recommend what I should try. The atmosphere was also wonderful. Very cozy and comfortable.
Many other wine tasting trips I have been on have felt corporate and touristy. This one felt like we were at someone's home, who just happens to own a vineyard! :)
Very much recommended for those in the Queenstown area!Written 26 November 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Frankton
- The best day trips from Frankton according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Arrowtown To Queenstown: A Full Day Mountain Biking Adventure
- Half Day Private Skippers Canyon Photography Adventure
- Private Tour Full Day Queenstown and Southern Lakes Photography Tour