Scuba & Snorkelling
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I discovered Atariki Diving Centre by accident on a walk from Hanga Roa up to Rano Kau. It's only about five minutes from the south end of Hanga Road in a little harbour. Marcos speaks English thankfully as I don't speak Spanish.
He explained that the Island's diving is determined by the weather and the direction and strength of the wind. I asked him lots of questions about why he couldn't say which site we would be diving at until the morning of the dive and he was happy to explain. Fair enough.
We visited the underwater Maoi and also dived Rana Kai with more fish etc. Both highly recommended. They do snorkelling too but sadly we didn't have enough time.
I found the team refreshingly laid back and I didn't feel rushed and shoehorned into a schedule. They were all very professional and I would highly recommend Atariki to anyone, whether an advanced diver or new and would like to learn.Written 11 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- How wonderful these two days with Tavo were!!! Kayaking and caving. He made them very special. We had to wait until the wind speed dropped below the red zone and then jumped out on the water. So amazing. Clear blue water, volcanic cliffs, nature at its finest from a perspective that no one sees unless you are in the water. There is no better place to see the island than by paddling around it. The caves were great too and Tavo pointed out some very interesting features that a casual eye would miss. Thank you for a lifetime of loving your island and your willingness to share your joy with others. To protect our oceans and our planet we have to love and appreciate them. Tavo does this with all his heart and inspires others to do the same. Thank you very much.Written 9 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The staff were all kind. My Spanish isn't the best, but I was able to be paired with an English-speaking guide. I was a little nervous, but he handled it in stride. I loved seeing the fish and the sea turtles! It was a good place to have my first diving experience. Thanks!:)Written 25 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I rented snorkel equipment from here and when I got in the ocean, water got into my snorkel and did not work. When I went back to the dive shop to let them know I could not snorkel because of the faulty equipment, they would only give back money for the snorkel but not the fins...which is not good business because I can’t snorkel with only fins! I advise you go to another dive center to get equipment that works.Written 2 January 2020
- I have scuba dived for 7 years in 9 seas in the Americas and Asia. Easter Island was a beautiful surprise: The visibility is extraordinary and the volcanic Scuba diving with Orca Diving Center was an excellent choice. The location sites of my four immersions were very diverse and beautiful. Cristián, the guide, was professional as can be: safe, reliable and aware. His personality is enthusiast, attentive and friendly to everyone. The boatman (and the center's co-owner) was just as professional, reliable and patient.
In my 150+ immersions around the world, Orca ranks among the very top. I strongly recommend them for one of the most beautiful dives in the world.Written 3 October 2023
- Kara was recommended by our accommodation owner and we were very happy. Her son, Bastien, was our guide for a 7 hour tour of the island. We had rented a car and could tour some on our own, but currently, the national park requires that you have a tour guide to enter most sites. He drove us in their car and we saw everything we wanted to see, at a very comfortable pace.
We would recommend going with a guide on your first day, and then supposedly, you can re-visit sites on your own. I concur with the previous review, that you set things up ahead of time because of very spotty cell and WiFi service on the island. Kara was great about communicating via WhatsApp.Written 29 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Hanga Roa
- These are the best places for couples seeking scuba & snorkeling in Hanga Roa:See more scuba & snorkeling for couples in Hanga Roa on Tripadvisor