Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
See more of Central Park, including a sunset, on this leisurely guided walking tour. In addition to showing you famous landmarks, your guide also ensures you visit hidden park gems that even locals have difficulty finding. Leave with the lay of the land and knowledge of Central Park’s fascinating and complicated history.
- Go with a guide: Central Park’s vast size can be overwhelming
- Hear little-known trivia and anecdotes about the park’s history
- Visit Central Park landmarks you may have missed on your own
- Small-group sunset walking tour ensures a tailored, intimate experience
What to Expect
Meet your guide in Central Park and, after greetings and introductions, begin the leisurely walking tour. Visit various different points of interest, including Bethesda Fountain and Strawberry Fields. Exploring with a guide also ensures you make it to the park’s hidden gems, spots like the woods of the Ramble and the secluded Shakespeare Garden. As the sun sets, the guide points out landmarks you might not recognize on your own. Take advantage of photos opportunities as you walk along the elm-lined Mall or across Bow Bridge, famous for its appearance in film and television. Watch the sunset from a quiet rock garden, and then part ways with the guide on the Upper West Side near the Museum of Natural History at the end of your tour.
New York, NY, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Central Park
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If canceled due to extreme weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Near public transportation
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Matt was an excellent guide. His knowledge of NYC and particularly Central Park was unbelievable. His outgoing personality added to the tour as he kept us entertained the entire tour.
Date of experience: December 2019
We visited Central Park in early November, 2019, and registered for the tour based on a friend's recommendation. We were the only people on the Tour, so our guide, Kelsey, tailored the discussion and walk for us. In a word, Kelsey and the tour were FANTASTIC! She explained…
Date of experience: November 2019
We enjoyed an afternoon walk in the park with Kelsey who is extremely knowledgeable about the history of the park, the island of Manhattan, architecture, and the people who shaped the city. We learned a lot and are glad we did it. You can tell there is a true passion for the…
We booked the trip through Trip Advisor and everything was fine. We waited at the location of the beginning of the tour at the time inducated on confirmation. The guide was nowhere to be seen. We called agency's number to find out what's going on but there was no one to be…
Response from TourCentralPark, Owner at Sunset Tour of Central Park
Responded 27 Oct 2019
You're right. This should not have happened. I'm the owner of Central Park Sunset Tours. We're a very small company but as you can see from our reviews, quality is of the utmost level of importance to us. Thursday morning, I had surgery. I thought everything was covered and I have not checked email for the past few days. I messed up. And I'm deeply sorry for that. I've processed your refund. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to be of service.
We ended up being the only ones on the tour and were able to cover a lot of ground, we went to places I hadn’t even heard of and got to hear about all of the changes that the park has gone through since it was first thought up. Thank you Matt for all of the new knowledge!
Date of experience: September 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Central Park Sunset Tours
Fantastic sunset tour of central park
Our knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic guide Matt gave us one of our best memories of New York with his exper…
A fantastic stroll in Central Park
My husband and I took the Sunset tour on November 7 with Kelsey and had a wonderful tour. We have been to Central P…
Matt, our tour guide, was so knowledgeable. Have been to Central Park so many times and had no idea of the history …
A Glorious Walk
Been in NY forever? Well, you will realize how little you know about its history when you take this tour. Matt is a…
I had an excellent evening tour towards the end of July with Central Park After Dark. I honestly did not expect to …
Good guide=good tour
We took the sunset tour with this company several years ago and were underwhelmed to say the least. Our guide was …
Wonderful Highlights of Central Park with Matt
Easy to find meeting site. Matt is a wonderful guide with amazing knowledge of and love for the Park that shine th…
Sunset Central Park Tour
We took the sunset Central Park tour with Matt. Matt did a great job and you can tell he is knowledgeable about the…
I have only seen a small part of the park before and wasn't that impressed, but once away from the outskirts and d…
Great tour - knowledgeable guide
Matt did a wonderful job as our guide. He's super knowledgeable about the area and the history. Definitely worth …
The Sunset Tour in Central Park 10/22/18
It was very interesting and professional tour with guide Matt. He knows everything about Central Park, he walked us…
Great introduction to the park
Matt gave 3 of us an excellent introduction to the Park last week. First, for reasons to do with total traffic mel…
Matt was a FANTASTIC tour guide. The tour was loaded with great New York and Manhattan history and information! Th…
Nice, informative tour
Great overview of the park, with lots of history. The guide was friendly and knowledgeable. Having a small group …
Sunset Central Park tour
Excellent tour with our tour guide Matt! We learned so much about Central Park!!We are so glad we did the tour!!!!T…
- Central Park, Central Park Zoo, and 5 more
- Duration: 2h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 78,996 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 44,211 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Sunset Tour of Central Park
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Sunset Tour of Central Park on Tripadvisor
- Sunset Tour of Central Park price starts from $73.08. Discover and book Sunset Tour of Central Park on Tripadvisor
- Sunset Tour of Central Park cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Sunset Tour of Central Park on Tripadvisor
- Sunset Tour of Central Park is hosted by Central Park Sunset Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Central Park Sunset Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Sunset Tour of Central Park on Tripadvisor