View all photos (61)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price Guarantee
Visit both the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead in a single tour, without having to drive or rent a car. Included is your admission ticket to the dam’s Nevada Wing and Visitors Center, where you learn about its history and engineering. Then take a relaxing steamboat lunch cruise on Lake Mead, and stop for sweets at the Ethel M Chocolate Factory. Hotel pickup and drop-off from Las Vegas are provided.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Gray Line Las VegasStop: 30 minutes -See details
- 2Hoover DamStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Lake Mead CruisesStop: 90 minutes -See details
- 4Ethel M Chocolates Factory and Cactus GardenStop: 25 minutes -See details
- 5Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas SignStop: 10 minutes -See details
- Save time by taking a combination tour of Hoover Dam and Lake Mead
- Included transportation means you don’t need to drive or rent a car
- Get an in-depth understanding of Hoover Dam’s impressive engineering
- Lake Mead cruise lets you enjoy views and photo ops while eating lunch
- Hassle-free hotel pickup and drop-off at Las Vegas hotels
What to Expect
Begin your day with pickup in a luxury coach from the lobby of your hotel, and a relaxing ride to Hoover Dam. At the dam, the tour shows you several areas of one of the country’s greatest feats of engineering. Watch a video, explore exhibits, and ride an elevator deep into a tunnel to check out the power plant’s Nevada wing. After, ride to Lake Mead Marina, where you board a paddle-wheel steamboat for scenic views and a deli-style lunch. Reboard the luxury coach for the ride back to Las Vegas, stopping at the Ethel M Chocolate Factory for a sweet treat before drop-off at your hotel. The tour may include a bonus photo stop at the iconic "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign if time allows.
- Approximately 90-minute Lake Mead Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- All taxes and fees
- Entry/Admission - Hoover Dam
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants 23 months and under are considered a lap child.
- Children ages 2 years and up require a seat
- This tour is not recommended for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia, or has a pacemaker or defibrillator. Tours are conducted in confined spaces and in a powerplant with generators emitting electromagnetic frequencies.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them to board and disembark the bus.
- Buses equipped with a lift are based upon availability and might not be available. Should a bus equipped with a lift be required, a three day advanced notice is required, and you must contact the local tour operator immediately after booking to confirm your request.
- Hotel pickup is available for this tour/activity. Please note: depending on the hotel, buses may not be able to access or enter every property. In this case, pickup may be redirected to a central bus stop or nearby hotel. Exact pickup details will be provided to the guest upon reconfirmation with the local tour operator.
- 30-minutes of complimentary wi-fi is available, additional time may be purchased from the local operator directly.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We paid $109 each for the Gray Line Hoover Dam and Lake Mead Cruise. We were staying at the Luxor but had to be picked up from Excalibur which wasn’t too bad as it’s only over the road from the North Entrance of the Luxor. Coach pick up was 5 late and then we had to be taken to…
We met the bus at the hotel across the street, NY NY Hotel from the MGM. I would - it to make sure you find the main valet entrance easily. Pick up was about 15 minutes late as previous people were a little late but we still got the tour center by 9:30. We got off the pick up…
Date of experience: February 2020
It was a good trip but the stops were not in the order as described. We stopped at the Las Vegas sign and the chocolate factory prior to the Dam. Also the Lake Mead portion was canceled. The lunch provided was good but the lodge was not staffed to take on the extra meals and we…
Date of experience: February 2020
We were advised the day before that the lake mead cruise would not go ahead die to high winds which is fine as they cannot control the weather. We were refunded $20 when we checked in after the initial pick up. The trip out to the dam was fine and when we arrived we had to sit…
Response from Zachary B, General Manager at Hoover Dam Tour With Lake Mead Cruise
Responded 21 Nov 2019
Dear 8u11d0g, Thank you for being a Gray Line customer. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your day with us more and we are sorry for the slight delay you experienced.. We have been taking people on excursions to the Hoover Dam for nearly 40 years and thousands of people very year seem to think we provide a great experience, however everyone's expectations do vary and we are sorry we missed yours. In closing, I would like to point out that sightseeing companies, as with all transportation providers, do not guarantee transit times. We do our best to stick to a schedule, yet deviations can occur for a myriad of reasons, some that may be obvious to passengers and others that may not. Once again, we are sorry for the delay you experienced. Sincerely, Zachary
Recently enjoyed the hoover dam/lake mead experience, our tour guide was excellent making sure our every need was catered for with fun all the way. It is absolutely what it says on the tin - excellent day, highly recommend and good value
Date of experience: November 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Gray Line Las Vegas
Day before lockdown!
My mom and I did this tour the day before they cancelled all tours due to Corona! We got lucky! Was picked up on ti…
Thomas is amazing!
I really wanted to see the Grand Canyon on my last trip to Las Vegas. This was an affordable option that worked for…
We booked this trip as the finale to a birthday celebration for my best friend. In addition to the birthday celebra…
We did a tour of the South rim Grand Canyon with a stop at Hoover dam. It is a long day, we left our motel at 6am a…
Bucket list adventure
Our family did the Papillon helicopter experience to the west rim of the Grand Canyon by helicopter which includes …
Might have been super cold and windy but it was an amazing aha experience! Our bus driver was very knowledgeable an…
Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon trip
It was an amazing trip, well worth it. Our driver, Thomas, was entertaining, very knowledgeable, and professional.
Grand Canyon was A Grand Fun of A Trip
I must say that I didn't want to do the long drive. But that's the only way to get to see the Grand Canyon. I picke…
Fun trip all around, but the bus broke down, the driver was rude and said she would leave without a family with a b…
Hilarious & Helpful Driver
We took the GC West Rim tour from Las Vegas. If you’re staying on the strip they’ll pick you up right from your hot…
Day tour to Grand Canyon
Everything was awesome. The tour itself and especially our tour guide. Coach was great the whole tour, very patient…
A Grand day out.
After looking at lots of options for this and similar trips we decided to use this company because of the TripAdvis…
This tour company is a scam!! Was supposed to be 4 hours. Spent 2 hours just picking people up around town. We miss…
Grand Canyon Bus Tour
Pleasant ride with our driver and tour guide "Coach" who provided plenty of information and facts about the area an…
Best bus trip ever!!!! With best driver "coach"
We had best day out doing south side gran canyon/hoover dam/route 66. We went 2 march 2020. Collected on time, very…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
More options from Gray Line Las Vegas
from $86.39* $95.99