View all photos (182)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Take a 1.5-hour seaplane flight to Misty Fjords National Monument during this 2-hour tour from Ketchikan. Each passenger is guaranteed a window seat, and receives a radio headset to hear the pilot's commentary as you fly to Misty Fjords via Tongass National Forest. Your scenic flight includes a 15-minute stop on a pristine lake or salt water fjord for a direct experience of the Alaskan wilderness.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Ketchikan Visitors BureauStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 2Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting, Inc.Stop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Misty Fjords National MonumentStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting IncStop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Ketchikan Visitors BureauStop: 20 minutes -See details
See Important Information for details
- Aerial views of Alaska's vast wilderness en route to Misty Fjords
- Learn about Alaska's wildlife and landmarks from the pilot
- Fly over Revillagigedo Islands, Tongass National Forest, and Behm Canal
- Guaranteed window seat, radio headset, and ground transfers included
What to Expect
Make your way to Ketchikan where a bus transfers you to a nearby seaplane base to meet your pilot. Receive a short safety briefing, and then put on the radio headset to hear commentary from your pilot during your flight. Take in aerial views from your guaranteed window seat as your seaplane takes off. On the way to Misty Fjords National Monument, pass over the vast wilderness of Alaska including Revillagigedo Islands, Tongass National Forest, and Behm Canal. Look for wildlife as you soar over snow-capped mountains, deep fjords, waterfalls, and alpine lakes. Your pilot lands on a pristine lake or salt-water fjord to give you 15 minutes to experience the natural beauty up close. Your tour ends after about two hours with return to Ketchikan.
- All-inclusive tour
- Transport by private company owned vehicle to and from the Ketchikan Visitors Bureau (Berth #2)
- Voice activated, noise cancelling headset for each passenger
- Interactive pilot narration
- Guaranteed window seats for all passengers
- Entry/Admission - Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting, Inc.
- Entry/Admission - Misty Fjords National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting Inc
- No food or drinks (excluding water) allowed on the shuttle van or aircraft
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring a light raincoat, sunglasses and comfortable walking shoes.
- Fitness Level: Light. Our ground transportation vehicles require 2-3 steps to enter. Passengers will need to walk approx. 200 feet on ramp and dock to aircraft. To enter aircraft requires 2 stairs. Ground transport vehicles can accommodate collapsible wheelchairs, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations. We are unable to accommodate electric wheelchairs.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If operator cancels due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative time, if available, or fully refunded if flight is cancelled due to weather conditions.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative time or full refund.
- Tours are operated in either a 6 passenger or 10 passenger aircraft. Aircraft used is at the discretion of the operator.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting, Inc.
Columbia City, Indiana623
We had an amazing trip with Ryan and Alaska Seaplane Adventures. The Misty Fjord landing is like being alone in…
Edinburgh, United Kingdom7226
What a trip - do not miss this!
What a trip! - an incredible morning out flying over the stunning scenery around Ketchikan, and eventually landing…
Center Valley, Pennsylvania35469
Misty fjords seaplane + crab feast
Well worth the price. We loved the beautiful float plane ride w our awesome pilot George and beautiful plane. Felt…
Safe Friendly Fun Worth the $$
We flew in a new Otter turbo prop float plane. Skilled and experienced pilot.Smooth ride, quiet landing on the…
It was raining and there was very slight fog like always in Ketchikan, but zero wind, and they cancelled the…
Michael T B170
Fun! Even though weather limited our flight
On a Viking cruise and booked this outing with friends. The company was professional and efficient and our pilot…
Great flight. It was our first time on a sea plane. Flight was smooth. Pilot Dave was very good at pointing things…
We had been told by trip advisor that this was a special tour, especially w/r to the pilot/tour directors. Our…
Totally awesome experience. Very cool airplane and lots of beautiful sights. Height of my trip. Our pilot, Van was…
A Beautiful and Memorable Experience!
Although not as breathtaking or awesome as the "5-Glacier Seaplane Exploration" flight we took a couple of days…
- Duration: 2h 20m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071