7:00 to 8:00am: Pick-up from for hotel/apartment around beached of Playa del Coco or Playa Panama. Be transported with bilingual guide to a lush rain forest only found on the north side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano.Time and location will be communicated in advance.
10am: Arrival at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the spa. Change clothing in preparation for your first adventure.
10:30am: Depart for a short drive to the Blue River Canopy Park where your eco-adventure begins. Fling along nine long zip lines, woven from treetop to treetop in Northern Costa Rica's rainforest jungle. To complete this adventure, swing down from the trees like Tarzan. Next, hike along forest trails to view a breathtaking blue volcanic river, cascading waterfalls, exotic plants and wildlife. Be amazed by the beauty, the tropical rainforest and colorful birds.
12:30pm: Time for a delightful lunch at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs.
1:30pm: Choose all or take your choice of:
• Swim, slide and soak in 5 large pools; 4 of them, unique large natural mineral green hot springs; and, 1 fresh water pool with a bullet water slide
• Walk the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid gardens, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons, turtle ponds, Caimon Lake and Bird Lake.
• Experience the lush tropical Butterfly Gardens with 15 species like the blue morpho.
• Take a natural mud bath between a hot springs and fresh water river and a natural sauna heated from below by the hot springs creek - all inside the botanical gardens.
• See the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 60 degrees centigrade
• Visit miniature horses and donkeys
• Unwind some more, with a spa treatment (not included) at the full service Blue River Spa
4:00-4:30pm: Departure and return in time for dinner