Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (861)
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Take a break from walking around Dubrovnik Old Town and see it from angles many visitors never experience on this guided kayaking tour. Paddle a kayak around the medieval walls and across the channel to the waters near Lokrum Island. Swim, snorkel, and snack at a popular but isolated beach-cave on the mainland. A choice of departure times gives you flexibility, and if you select the evening time slot, enjoy the sunset and chilled wine on the beach. No previous kayaking experience required.
- View Dubrovnik from the sea on a guided kayaking tour
- Paddle a kayak around the medieval walls and to Lokrum Island
- Stop to swim, snorkel, and enjoy snacks on a quiet beach
- Choose from various start times to allow for a flexible schedule
- Opt for the evening slot to enjoy a sunset and chilled wine on the beach
- Suits all types of travelers, with kayak, life vest, and snorkel gear included
What to Expect
Meet your guide at a beach near Dubrovnik’s Pile Gate and after instructions, receive your life vest and paddle. Then, board your kayak. Paddle off behind your guide, gliding along the waters between Dubrovnik’s 12th-century walls and Lokrum, an island just offshore that’s home to gardens, a Benedictine monastery, and a Napoleonic-era fort. Along the way, admire the scenery and hear snippets about Dubrovnik’s history and legends, together with what life was like during the 1991-1995 Croatian War of Independence. After seeing Lokrum, cruise to the Dubrovnik coastline and pull up at a secluded bay with a cave. Here, enjoy time to sunbathe, swim, or snorkel using the provided equipment, and refuel with snacks. If you book the evening tour, your beach time includes watching the sunset over a glass of wine. Lastly, return to your kayak and paddle back to the starting beach, where your Dubrovnik kayak tour concludes.
Brsalje ul. 5, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Returns to original departure point
- Local guide
- Use of kayak, life jacket and snorkel equipment
- Bottled water
- Waterproof barrel for personal belongings
- Sandwiches (or fruit if dietary restrictions apply)
- Glass of wine (Sunset Tour only)
- Visit to the Betina cave/beach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bring a bathing suit, towel, flipflops or waters shoes, sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- An outdoor shower and changing booths are available on site
- Minimum age is 6 years old
- Travelers under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 18 years old to consume alcoholic drinks
- Subject to favorable weather and/or sea conditions. Tour time and/or route may vary, if canceled due to poor weather and/or sea conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- 2-seater kayaks are provided by default. Individual travelers without partners are paired up with other individuals. If a pairing cannot be made, the individual without a partner will be assigned to a single kayak. Single kayaks are otherwise subject to limited availability and require approval upon request.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We serve ham and cheese sandwiches by default on this tour. We also offer a vegetarian sandwich (which cheese) if given at least 4 hours notice. For people with extreme food allergies, we offer fresh fruit (usually and apple and two bananas).
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Everything was wonderful! Instructor explained how to properly kayak, had a good sense of humor with lots of funny story's about Dubrovnik. We went from Pile Gate round to the Old Port, and to Lokrum Island for a break in a stunning, clear, blue-water cave only reachable by…
Date of experience: August 2019
Response from Adventure D, General Manager at Dubrovnik Sea Kayak Tour
Responded 2 weeks ago
Thank you for posting about your experience with us, davster. It means a lot to us. We're honored to have been able to share a little bit of Dubrovnik with you. We hope you and your loved ones are safe, healthy and happy, and that you're enjoying equally stunning views wherever you are!
This was my first experience in sea kayaking and it became a very enjoyable and a memorable one. Ivy and Tio were my guides and they give instructions for everyone very clearly and take care of you. I was scared if I could be able to manage as it was my first experience but…
Date of experience: July 2019
1 Helpful vote
A great session. We chose the trip which also takes in the sunset. We all loved it. The stop for a bit of snorkelling in an isolated cave was great. Highly recommend
Date of experience: October 2019
Enjoyed this Kayak tour to Lokrum Island. I have never Kayaked before but the pace was ok and the guides helpfully split the group into an easier and harder group for part of the tour. Sandwiches provided but pretty basic and a bottle of water which was much needed as so hot. My…
Date of experience: August 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Adventure Dubrovnik
Amazing experience and a must do!
Went as a couple, first time kayaking. There was a man with a green umbrella waiting outside of the pile gate, behi…
Amazing tour of a beautiful city
Thank you Ivy and Eddy Great tour Well educated guides And one amazing view and city!!! Highly recommend !
Enjoyed myself during the kayaking tour. Went around Lukrom Island and went to some cave near the main island. Guid…
We had a great time, kayaking was fun. Visited a nice beach in a cave for lunch, swimming and snorkeling.
I booked this tour with get your guide hoping it would be ok for me and my teen daughter. It totally exceeded my ex…
A brilliant fun trip with friends. Eddie and ivy were our guides and they were helpful and entertaining. A must do
Did the 1pm kayaking tour last week, we had theo and ivy as our guides, both were amazing. I have never kayaked and…
Had two great guides, Ivy and Eddie during the sunset tour. They made everyone feel welcomed and safe. We kayaked a…
Okay first things first Ivy and Eddie are beautiful and will 100% eclipse the view of the sunset. Secondly, this wa…
Best kayaking tour
I had such an amazing time with my friends kayaking on the sea. Our tour guide Éric made a big difference in this…
Such a pleasure
Had such an amazing tour, with friends and especially with our tour guide Eric! Such an amazing guide. Such a nice …
Wet, educational, & physically fun challenge cruise
The entire adventure started with a little chaotic. Various operators every where, no organization.Once we figured …
A must do - the highlight of my visit to Dubrovnik. The tour guides ensure a top experience. If you can, book a tri…
I had such a great time with my friends. What made it even better was my tour guide Eric. He led such a great tour,…
Had an Amazing island tour. Everyone was so nice. Met alot of people. I never thought I'd be so interested in histo…
- Old Town
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 882 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 3,952 travellers!