View all photos (12)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Journey through an undiscovered land of wild desert landscapes, snow capped peaks, herds of alpaca, and arrive at the ultimate destination – The “Rainbow Mountain” hidden deep in the Andes. Throughout your journey you will pass through a vibrant green valley with the impressive Ausangate mountain towering in the distance. You will experience first hand how locals live in the mountains and even have a chance to speak with them. As you get closer to the Rainbow Mountain you will begin to see the first signs of the coloured minerals that formed the painted hills. Your guide will explain what makes up the existence of the “Rainbow Mountain”, and finally with one last push you will hike up to a vantage point that gives you a 360 degree view of the beautiful landscape that makes up this sacred land in Cusco – Perú.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Vinicunca Rainbow MountainStop: 5 hours - Admission excludedWe will pick you up between 03:00 – 03:15 am. Then we will drive through the South Valley. The drive takes around 3 hours to get Hanchipacha community where we will stop for breakfast. We will then drive for 15 minutes to Quesiuno community (4,326 m / 14,189 ft.), where we will start the trek for 3 hours approx. to the rainbow mountain (most of the way is going up). On the way up will be rewarded with breath taking sights of herds of alpacas and llamas, the Ausangate Mountain, many red mountains and traditional local houses. When we finally reach our destination, the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft.), you will have time to explore the area and take pictures. We will spend approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on your trekking speed and weather conditions).After the spectacular sights from the top we will go down to the starting point, that will take approximately 2 hours. (Quesiuno community) from where we will take the transport to Hanchipacha community to have lunch. Then we will start our journey back to Cusco.Read more
- Bi-lingual Guide
- First Aid Kit
- Oxygen Cans
- Trekking Gears
- Entrance (10 Soles)
- Entry/Admission - Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Richard is a fabulous guide with a lot of information. We enjoyed a lot on our hike. This was the best trip we had with a lot of photo opportunity and tranquility.
Date of experience: July 2019
I was a bir paranoid as most travellers i met mentioned how they suffered the altitude while hiking up the Rainbow Mountain. I guess i was fortunate enough to have a guide like Richard who was super enthusiastic and made it easier by having frequent stops and preparing me for…
Date of experience: July 2019
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Machu Picchu Amazon Peru
Trip of a Lifetime
There is no word to express my gratitude to Richard and his team who were amazing on my Amazon trip. It's a vast r…
Amazon Experience of a lifetime
This was by far the best experience we had visiting the Amazon Rainforest. Saul our guide was very precise and it w…
I booked a tour from Viator.com. The tour information stated that a pickup from the hotel was offered. I was happy …
I was very excited for this trip. We were told many good things by fellow travellers whom we met. Richard from Mach…
True Amazon Experience
An unforgettable experience. I had the best trip of my life visiting the Amazon Jungle with Machu Picchu Amazon Per…
Just The Best
I can totally reccomend Machu Picchu Amazon company and their tours. They were very nice and organised. The tour gu…
4 Unforgettable Days
These were undoubtedly the four amazing days of my trip to Peru. Amazon Rainforest are no doubt extensive and four …
An out of the world Amazon Trip with Machu Picchu Amazon Peru. As a local from the region the guide was very knowle…
Value For Money
This trip was well worth every penny paid. The trip was organised exceptionally well from the pickup till we were d…
GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS
Before I decided to book this tour I confirmed with Viator operator a few things that were very important to know b…
An authentic Amazon Experience
From start to end i had no time that I regreted doing this tour. It was that amazing all inclusive trip. They also …
The Best Jungle Trip
Richard and his team were very accommodating and well organised. The guide, Saul was very nice with explaining thin…
Richard and his team ensured a smooth and memorable trip. Saul was our guide and his extensive knowledge and timing…
Memories To Last A Lifetime
Our 4 days/3 nights Manu Jungle Tour was a truly memorable experience. Highlights include seeing a variety of wildl…
The Best Jungle Experience
Machu Picchu Amazon Peru offered us 4 unforgettable days of our Latin American trip. Amazon jungle is vast and it w…
- Duration: 17h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,226 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 688 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip)
What time does Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) start?
Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) will start at 3:30 AM. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor
How much is Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip)?
Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) price starts from US$57.44. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor
What is the Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) cancellation policy?
Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip)?
Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) is hosted by Machu Picchu Amazon Peru. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Machu Picchu Amazon Peru on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor