View all photos (5)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
To protect the city, Saladin ordered the construction of a citadel in the mountains of Al Moqattam serve as fortress of the royal residence. The construction began in 1176. For this purpose, they demolished the Fatimid mosques and tombs of the places that occupy the great walls. Some blocks of stone from the Pyramids of Giza were used for construction.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Cairo CitadelStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Mosque of Muhammad AliStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Khan Al-KhaliliStop: 2 hours -See details
- Entrance fees to the mentioned sightseeing.
- Met & Assist from & to your hotel at Cairo or Giza.
- All transfers by air condition vehicle.
- Private Egyptology tour guide
- Visit of the papyrus institute ( ask your guide if you need to visit Perfume Factory ).
- Entry/Admission - Cairo Citadel
- Entry/Admission - Mosque of Muhammad Ali
- Entrance to private rooms or areas inside any temple or Museum.
- Tips to guide & driver.
- Any Souvenir from any purchasing stop.
- Entry Visa to Egypt which had to be handle from your side.
- International Air tickets from & to Egypt.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Oman Day Tours
I'm really happy that I choose this company because these 2 days of trips (Forts trip and Grand Canyon of Oman) wer…
Hospitality of Oman as it is
We contacted Basim one week before our trip, unfortunately he was busy at our dates, but he was always in contact w…
Excellent day with Moran
Had a great day and swa 4 sights in about 3.5 hours which was perfect . Our guide and driver was a young very knowl…
Great Omani Overview
Overall, through a half day sightseeing of Muscat and four out of town day trips, we had an excellent overview of …
David S UK
Amazing 4 day tour incl Jebel Shams , Nizwa,mountain villages,wadi bani Khaled,overnight desert camp,Muscat etc. Fa…
Best tour guide in Oman (and perhaps the Middle East)
My wife and I also recently came back from a 7-day tour with Basim Al-Habsi. He was a fantatic tour guide and we re…
My guide, Qambar was incredible and I had a wonderful time on my trip. He was extremely knowledgeable, a great conv…
Loved The Tour! Great Shore Excursion!
We really enjoyed the city of Muscat. Our guide was on time, friendly and very patient with all of our questions. T…
Jebel Shams and Wadi Al Shab day tours
The whole trip to Oman was fabulous, we would recommend the country and Oman Day Trips to anyone and had one of the…
Grand Canyon of Oman
It was beautiful but it was a long way to go from the port and we barely made it back to the ship in time at the en…
A most enjoyable few days in Oman
We were absolutely delighted with the two tours that we took with Oman Day Tours. Khalded, our guide was brilliant,…
We came in on a cruise ship and chose the half day Dhow cruise in Khasab. Communication with Oman Day tours was aw…
With Saif in the dessert.
After a spectacular drive through the mountains to the wahiba dunes near bid ya, we enjoyed walking in the dunes an…
Was a great experience!
I had a good moment in this trip on the desert. I met Ali, a great falcon trainer in the Emirates. Ali teached me m…
Mosques, Opera House and Museums were closed because the islamic Holiday is saturday. But than we visited the new N…
- Duration: 6–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,646 travellers!
8-Hour Private Tour of the Pyramids, Sphinx, Egyptian Museum and Bazaar including Camel Ride and Lunch from Cairo
Popular: Booked by 2,959 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Cairo Citadel, Mosques and Khan Elkhalili
What time does Cairo Citadel, Mosques and Khan Elkhalili start?
Cairo Citadel, Mosques and Khan Elkhalili will start at 8:30 AM. Discover and book Cairo Citadel, Mosques and Khan Elkhalili on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Cairo Citadel, Mosques and Khan Elkhalili?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Cairo Citadel, Mosques and Khan Elkhalili on Tripadvisor
How much is Cairo Citadel, Mosques and Khan Elkhalili?
Cairo Citadel, Mosques and Khan Elkhalili price starts from US$71.79. Discover and book Cairo Citadel, Mosques and Khan Elkhalili on Tripadvisor
What is the Cairo Citadel, Mosques and Khan Elkhalili cancellation policy?
Cairo Citadel, Mosques and Khan Elkhalili cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cairo Citadel, Mosques and Khan Elkhalili on Tripadvisor