The hike itself is generally 4-5 hours. It's medium-grade, and the guide can adjust the trail to various skill levels. There is one long steep ascent near the beginning, but no special equipment like ropes and harnesses are necessary.
• Meet the tour guide at 10 a.m. at Gupabal Subway Station, gate 1. Then board a brief bus ride to the trail head. Bus fare is included.
• Stretch with the guide before walking.
• The hike starts with a steep ascent, but no special equipment is necessary.
• Go up an afforested valley.
• Cross a path with spectacular views.
• Descend towards and visit Buddhist temples nestled in rugged mountain nooks.
• The guide relates stories of legends, history, and folklore related to Korea's age-old mountain heritage.
• Finish at a local restaurant catering to hikers with unique mountain food and drinks. Food and drinks are included in the price.
• Bukhansan National Park, 262, Bogungmun-ro, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul 02700 South Korea