View all photos (156)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Explore Yangon street food on an evening tour that offers an excellent introduction to the city’s diverse cuisine. With a guide to explain the background of dishes from around the country, taste your way through a series of food stalls and family-owned restaurants, and then finish the night over barbecued fish and cold beer in Yangon's vibrant Chinatown.
- Yangon evening street food tour provides a fun introduction to Yangon nightlife
- Learn the history and traditions behind Myanmar foods from a local guide
- Rub shoulders with locals at street stalls and restaurants
- Included tastings make a hearty dinner
What to Expect
Make your way to a centrally located meeting point, and then set out on foot through downtown Yangon’s narrow alleys and markets. Stroll through Little India and Chinatown, ducking into a colorful produce market that’s far from the tourist trail. Tastings are varied, making your experience fresh and flavorful. Favorite snacks may include mohinga, a savory noodle soup topped with fried squash, the Indian faloodah yogurt drink, Shan-style sticky rice noodles, and lapettho, a salad of pickled tea leaves that’s among Myanmar’s most iconic dishes. Along the way, see pagodas, churches, mosques, and temples, getting a glimpse of the intersection of cultures in Yangon's busy streets. The night concludes with fish and a cold beer in Chinatown, a great place to soak up Yangon’s energetic evening atmosphere.
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, approximately 2.5km
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Bring an umbrella during rainy season June-September
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
About the operator
By: Sa Ba Street Food Tours
Thoroughly enjoyable morning
We had. great morning with Marc wandering round the narrow streets and back allleys of downtown Yangon and…
Auckland, New Zealand40
Make the time!
Such a great way to experience more of the local cuisines in a totally relaxed but interesting and informative…
A fascinating introduction to the food of Myanmar
Kyaw was an excellent guide and very knowledgeable, polite and friendly. He took us on a tour of the backstreet…
Lots of Fun!!
Really enjoyed this cooking class. It was a great way to experience local foods. Our teacher and guide, Kyaw, was…
London, United Kingdom31
Incredible food and culture tour
This was a fantastic experience. Our guide was amazing and we tried some of the best dishes we have had in…
London, United Kingdom395
Unforgettable tour with Kyau
If you are hesitating about whether to do this your, my advice is: go for it! You won’t regret it! We were met by…
Anna T E
London, United Kingdom8022
Great cooking class!
My husband and I really enjoyed our cooking class with Jaew and the team. Although it’s a little pricey, it was…
Excellent evening-learnt so much! Ate so much!
Our guide on this culinary adventure was top class - great English, ex-chef and full of information. Starting at 5…
A fantastic experience
We had a great time with our guide Joe. We went to all traditional locations, like a thea-house and could taste…
A must for everyone !!
What a remarkable tour !!! Prepare to have lots of different foods. Nice walk in different city areas with…
- Sa Ba Street Food Tours
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071