Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start atJaffa GateOmar Ibn Katab, JerusalemThe Shabbat Experience starts just outside the Jaffa Gate. Just look for the team in red SANDEMANs NEW Europe T-shirts!See address & details
- 1Jaffa GateStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 2Jewish QuarterStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Hurva SynagogueStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 4The Four Sephardic SynagoguesStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 5Western WallStop: 45 minutesSee details
- You'll end atWestern WallJerusalemSee address & details
Jaffa Gate, Omar Ibn Katab, Jerusalem
Western Wall, Jerusalem
- Local licensed guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children up to 12 years old are welcome to join this tour for free. We reserve the right to ask for a valid ID for children joining our tours
- Near public transportation
- This tour usually finishes at the Wailing Wall, but you can also walk back to Jaffa Gate with the guide
- The independent guides who employ us to market their tours have your best interests in mind; while the tour usually includes the sites & stories mentioned and lasts about 2 hours, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Our guide, Tanya, is well informed about religious history and recent changes in how the Western Wall is administered. Some of that material could be put into writing and handed out so that less discussion is required. That would allow for more access to the synogogues as the…
Date of experience: November 2019
Tania was an excellent guide, systematic and clear in her explanations and cleared up a lot of questions I had about Jerusalem and Jews in general. I honestly thought she was one of the better guides I've come across. However the only sights we saw were the Western Wall - but…
Response from SNE_Violeta, Guest Relations Manager at Jerusalem: Shabbat Experience
Responded 5 Nov 2019
Hi SBahraini, Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for joining the tour in Jerusalem. We love to hear back from engaged travellers such as yourself, as your feedback helps us to continue making improvements and ensure that tours and experiences promoted by SANDEMANs NEW Europe meet the high standards that travellers expect of us. We are sorry to hear that your expectations were not met on this occasion. Whilst the tour’s route and content are listed on our website, the independent guides we work with may alter the tour in order to suit their own style and each group’s dynamic. We feel this adds a personal touch that makes tours promoted by SANDEMANs fresh and unforgettable, but it may also mean that the tour’s stories and sites are not in line with every guests’ preferences which, unfortunately, can be a difficult situation to avoid. While on the whole, the vast majority of guests are extremely satisfied, we do state on our promotional material that all the tours do differentiate from one another due to the individual nature of the guides we work with. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We hope this experience will not prevent you from joining us again in the future. All the best, The SANDEMANs Team
I wish I could remember the name of our guide as she was outstanding (slim young woman with short dark hair). She put a great deal of effort into ensuring that we got a good understanding of the Jewish Quarter and of Shabbat. We were fortunate to actually do this on Shabbat…
Date of experience: July 2019
Thank you again David for a great tour in Jerusalem :) The Shabbat Experience Tour was again unique and really interesting. Thank you for the wonderful experience and I am already very excited to come back for the Holy City Tour :)
Date of experience: January 2019
I went on this tour last week and was very impressed with the experience. Our tour guide was super knowledgeable and managed the group very well. Not all guides are able to present information in such a concise manner while also keeping everyone engaged. Our tour guide nailed…
Date of experience: June 2019
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,289 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 649 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Jerusalem: Shabbat Experience
What time does Jerusalem: Shabbat Experience start?
Jerusalem: Shabbat Experience will start at 5:00 PM. Discover and book Jerusalem: Shabbat Experience on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Jerusalem: Shabbat Experience?
How much is Jerusalem: Shabbat Experience?
Jerusalem: Shabbat Experience price starts from $43.96. Discover and book Jerusalem: Shabbat Experience on Tripadvisor
What is the Jerusalem: Shabbat Experience cancellation policy?
Jerusalem: Shabbat Experience cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Jerusalem: Shabbat Experience on Tripadvisor