Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Taste your way through markets and back alleys on a street food tour of Hanoi led by a former chef, and discover some of Hanoi’s most iconic dishes. You’ll taste more than 20 items as you walk through Hanoi’s atmospheric Old Quarter, with the chance to meet the vendors and chefs who keep Hanoi street food vibrant. Group size is limited to 10, ensuring a personalized experience.
- You'll start atDong Xuan Market15 Cầu Đông, Đồng Xuân, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, VietnamDirections: Please meet your food guide in front of the Sacombank ATM machine in front of the market. It's a white and blue bank sign.See address & details
- Pass byDong Xuan Market
- 1Bach Ma TempleStop: 20 minutesSee detailsPass byBánh Mì 25Old Quarter
- 2Bánh Cuốn Gia Truyền Thanh VânStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass byTrain Street
- 3Bia HoiStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Bún Bò Nam Bộ Bách PhươngStop: 25 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Bun Cha Dac KimStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6Old Town CafeStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll end atOld Town Cafe11 Hàng Gai, Hàng Trống, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội 10000, VietnamThe Coffee shop is located close to the Hoan Kiem lake- the city centre. From there, you can take a rest or get to your hotel easily!See address & details
- Explore Hanoi through its rich culinary traditions
- Included food and drink tastings introduce Hanoi street food
- Foodie guide shares the background on each dish
- Convenient morning and afternoon departure times available
What to Expect
Meet your guide at Dong Xuan, one of Hanoi’s most colorful markets, and then set out through the maze of stalls as the chef-guide introduces Hanoi street food and flavors. Leave the market for the high streets and back alleys of the Hanoi Old Quarter, walking past landmarks of French Colonial architecture. You’ll meet out-of-the-way street vendors with a wide variety of foods and then sit down to an expansive tasting of items purchased directly from the street vendor’s you’ve encountered along the way. Since the guide explains each dish you taste, this is a great way to understand what you’re eating in Hanoi, from famous dishes to lesser-known delicacies.
Dong Xuan Market, 15 Cầu Đông, Đồng Xuân, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Old Town Cafe, 11 Hàng Gai, Hàng Trống, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội 10000, Vietnam
- Professional guide
- Food tasting and snacks
- Over 20 items to taste along the way
- Entry/Admission - Bánh Cuốn Gia Truyền Thanh Vân
- Entry/Admission - Bia Hoi
- Entry/Admission - Bún Bò Nam Bộ Bách Phương
- Entry/Admission - Bun Cha Dac Kim
- Entry/Admission - Old Town Cafe
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We took 4 fabulous tours with A Taste of Hanoi!! Each of them was special in its own right, not only for what we ate and what we saw but for the outstanding guides for each tour. We have traveled all over the world and have never had a better experience than with the…
It was a fabulous excursion! Brian and Cong were so informative and great guides. We loved all the neat stop we had along the back roads, island and around the city. I highly recommend it on your visit to Hanoi 🇻🇳❤️
Date of experience: March 2020
My husband and I had an awesome private tour with Brian. He picked us up in the the hotel lobby with his driver( comfortable, safe car). I had requested that he show us the main highlights of Hanoi ending with the Old Quarter and that’s exactly what he did. Brian is American but…
1 Helpful vote
Response from A_TASTE_OF_HANOI, Guest Relations Manager at Half-Day Hanoi Food Walking Tour
Responded 5 Mar 2020
Dear Sian, Thank you so much for leaving us an EXCELLENT review! Brian and our team have been working very hard to provide the best tours and services and we were so delighted that you enjoyed it so much! We are looking forward to seeing you and your friends coming back to Hanoi soon! Best regards, A Taste of Hanoi Team.
Nini & Ling were such great hosts- friendly, funny, and knowledgeable. This tour had so many delicious stops with good variety, and was very well organized. A wonderful introduction to Hanoi and would recommend highly. Thank you!
Date of experience: February 2020
Ling and Nini were so kind and well-organized on this tour—we got to eat a little bit of everything (one vegetarian & one meat eater) and try a bunch of food we might not have otherwise. The history and explanations were helpful, and I’m looking forward to using the menu we got…
Date of experience: February 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: A Taste of Hanoi
Virtual tour, real fun
With physical travel not happening right now, I thought it would be fun to take a virtual coffee tour of Hanoi. I t…
Very pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable and fun a "Virtual" walking tour could be
I recently did the Hanoi Secret Coffee VIRTUAL tour and to be honest I was really very pleasantly surprised. The to…
Virtual coffee tour
A very fun virtual tour that we took from her on living room. Lauren some really interesting stuff about coffee in …
Great Virtual Coffee Tour
Cong was an awesome tour guide. Really enjoyed the 5 coffee shop tour and details of each visit. The virtual trip…
Awesome Diversion and Delightful Tour of Hanoi from my couch!
I just took a virtual tour of Hanoi's Secret coffee spots this last Friday. It was so much fun. Brilliant idea fo…
virtual coffee tour in Hanoi
I woke up just on time to join the virtual coffee tour with cong. Sitting in berlin I enjoyed my own coffe while le…
Virtual Old Quarter Secret Coffee Shop tour
Had a wonderful virtual coffee tour which included stops at several "secret" coffee shops in the Old Quarter of Han…
This is my third tour with A taste of Hanoi, I have done one IRL tour several years ago and over the past couple of…
Virtual Coffee Tour
Great for travellers that are looking to travel to Vietnam in the future. Gives them a snippet of Vietnamese and th…
Sublime secret virtual coffee tour of Hanoi
Many thanks to Brian and my guide Cong for this excellent virtual secret coffee tour of Hanoi. Cong is well versed…
Virtual Tours!! A great way to satisfy your wanderlust.
Thanks to Brian and Nikita for organizing this secret coffee tour in Hanoi. It was very interesting and so nice to …
Amazing virtual experience of Hanoi coffee virtual tour via Zoom
Saw this virtual tour on Facebook and i thought it was quite interesting. Turned out the virtual tour is not only i…
Amazing virtual experience of Hanoi Coffee virtual tour via zoom
It was a great experience, interactive and not only the cafes we "went" to were very unique, we got to explore the …
Hanoi Secret Coffee Virtual Tour was such a unique experience. Knowing others' culture is always fun. Egg coffee i…
Virtually there at Hanoi secrets!
Thanks for a delightful virtual Hanoi secret coffee tour! Totally satisfied my wanderlust even as we are confined a…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently Asked Questions about Half-Day Hanoi Food Walking Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Half-Day Hanoi Food Walking Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Half-Day Hanoi Food Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Half-Day Hanoi Food Walking Tour?
Half-Day Hanoi Food Walking Tour price starts from $66.94. Discover and book Half-Day Hanoi Food Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Half-Day Hanoi Food Walking Tour cancellation policy?
Half-Day Hanoi Food Walking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Half-Day Hanoi Food Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Half-Day Hanoi Food Walking Tour?
Half-Day Hanoi Food Walking Tour is hosted by A Taste of Hanoi. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact A Taste of Hanoi on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Half-Day Hanoi Food Walking Tour on Tripadvisor