View all photos (18)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Old QuarterStop: 3 hours -our guide meets you at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter area to start your walking tour of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, famed for its '36 old streets. Dating back more than 1,000 years, the Old Quarter developed as a group of workshops outside of the royal palace. Today, the streets are still grouped by what they sell, with names to match, such as Bat Su (china bowls), Cha Ca (roasted fish), Hang Bac (jewelry), Hang Dau (shoes and sandals), Hang Gai (silks), To Tich (mixed fruits), Hang Luoc (combs), Hang Duong (candies and dried fruits), and Hang Buom (bamboo products). Wander around with your guide, enjoying the hustle and bustle of the neighborhood. You can taste some local specialties, if you wish (own expense), and continue to the Hoan Kiem Lake area to visit Ngoc Son Temple. Then perhaps stop for a treat at Fany Ice Cream or Thuy Ta Ice Cream, or visit popular cafes and restaurants nearby (food and drinks at your own expense).Read more
- Hotel pickup
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We had a wonderful time walking around the French and old quarters with August. She taught us a lot about the culture and history of the city and the people of Vietnam. She is vary articulate and speaks English very well. One of the best guides we've spent time with…
Date of experience: February 2020
Happy was an awesome guide. He takes you to places that reflect everyday Vietnamese life, as well as key spots. I highly recommend him!
Date of experience: October 2019
1 Helpful vote
A committed and enthusiastic tour guide who knew his city very well. Despite the rain he guided us through locations we would have never been able to see without him. The narrow corridors with old apartments was an eye opening experience for my wife and I.
Date of experience: September 2019
Our guide, Happy, was very informative and entertaining. It was a very great experience. He also showed us a lot of great places for food for us to try after the tour
Don’t have a lot of time in Hanoi so a perfect overview. Had a great morning with Mia. English is very good, was cheerful and was responsive to any requests. Took us to an awesome coffee spot. Had a terrific egg coffee.. it’s a bad name but tastes terrific. Was awesome…
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Asia Package Travel - Day Tours
Despite being a Free Tour, both the Trained & Trainee Guides showed great enthusiasm when leading the tour. Their l…
Cruise to Halong
There was a lot of food and the activites were well-organized. The rooms are pretty and so comfortable. We enjoyed …
What a wonderful day cruise tour on this World Heritage site! Everything was great. Don't forget to climb to the to…
Boat ride not to be missed
Down the Chonknee Canal we went ....longest fresh water body in Asia. The floating villages, people actually living…
Vietnam and Cambodia
I have been using destination asia via Travelbag..the service has been top class and the guides(mr Rith & mr Oeun) …
A lovely pleasure at Puh Quoc is kayaking. It is included in more trips at the island. You get 1 hour on the river …
Hanoi Walking Tour
Fantastic night, had some great laughs with our guides and had some awesome food. Would highly recommend - unbeliev…
Stunning scenery especially along the floating markets
It's an amazing tour, we tried various foods and drinks and we were able to see beautiful sights in different ways.…
We were a family of 4 adults from Singapore to Vietnam and booked this tour in accordance with my friends' recommen…
What a fantastic trip! The views from the boat were amazing. Activities were enjoyable. Strongly recommend anyone t…
One of the highlights of my trip to Vietnam! Many interesting things to do and many great people to meet. The food …
The happiest experience when going to Phu Quoc island. Clean and unpolluted. The service was good and we really enj…
Very fun and informative
The tour guides have a good knowledge of English and Hanoi. They answered all our questions and adopted the tour to…
Halong Bay is awesome and I really like this cruise itinerary. Atmosphere was so cool. Staff was wonderful and help…
New cruise experience
Had a night stay on Royal Cruise. Food is decent. Great staff and guide serving us the food and welcome us. Enjoyed…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Popular: Booked by 1,419 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 453 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Hanoi Old Quarter Half-Day Walking Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Hanoi Old Quarter Half-Day Walking Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Hanoi Old Quarter Half-Day Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Hanoi Old Quarter Half-Day Walking Tour?
Hanoi Old Quarter Half-Day Walking Tour price starts from US$22.00. Discover and book Hanoi Old Quarter Half-Day Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Hanoi Old Quarter Half-Day Walking Tour cancellation policy?
Hanoi Old Quarter Half-Day Walking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hanoi Old Quarter Half-Day Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Hanoi Old Quarter Half-Day Walking Tour?
Hanoi Old Quarter Half-Day Walking Tour is hosted by Asia Package Travel - Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Asia Package Travel - Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Hanoi Old Quarter Half-Day Walking Tour on Tripadvisor