Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
No visit to Chiang Mai is complete without seeing Wat Rong Khun, better known as the White Temple. Travel to the landmark with ease on a hassle-free day trip from Chiang Mai, ideal for first-time visitors with limited time. In just one day, tick off the 7th-century Chiang Saen and the Golden Triangle, and take a boat ride on the Khong River. Enjoy the convenience of hotel pickup and drop-off in an air-conditioned minivan, and receive personalized attention from your guide in a small group limited to nine people.
- You'll start atTouring CenterOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mae Khachan Hot SpringStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 2Wat Rong KhunStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Golden TriangleStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Wat Phra That Chedi LuangStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5House of OpiumStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll end atTouring Center14 Floor 1st Ratchadamnoen Rd., Soi 5, Muang,, เทศบาลนครเชียงใหม่ อำเภอเมืองเชียงใหม่ เชียงใหม่ 50200, ThailandTouring Center's Office Noted : if you are willing to meet us at the starting point, please do let us know 1 day prior to departure via Tel. +66 (0) 53 289 644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.See address & details
- A hassle-free day trip to Wat Rong Khun from Chiang Mai
- Travel to the Golden Triangle, Khong River, and White Temple with ease
- Stay cool during round-trip transport by air-conditioned coach bus
- Receive personalized attention in a small group limited to nine
What to Expect
This guided tour begins with pickup from your Chiang Mai hotel. Board an air-conditioned minivan destined for the Chiang Rai province. During the journey, make a short stop at the Mae Khachan Hot Spring (Wiang Po Po). Continue to Wat Rung Khun aka the White Temple. Your next stop is Chiang Saen, a river town replete with ancient temple ruins. Here, you get the chance to break for a buffet lunch. Absorb views of the Golden Triangle, the name given to where the borders of Laos, Thailand, and Myanmar intersect, and relax during a boat ride on the Khong River. After a short stop at the Hall of Opium, return to your Chiang Mai hotel.
Touring Center, 14 Floor 1st Ratchadamnoen Rd., Soi 5, Muang,, เทศบาลนครเชียงใหม่ อำเภอเมืองเชียงใหม่ เชียงใหม่ 50200, Thailand
Returns to original departure point
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Thai set lunch or international buffet
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Boat Trip along Khong River
- Visit House of Opium
- All admission fees and activities
- Travelling accident insurance
- Entry/Admission - Wat Rong Khun
- Entry/Admission - Golden Triangle
- Entry/Admission - House of Opium
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Additional food and drinks
- Pick up/Drop off Surcharge for hotel outside city centre(THB500/way; 6-15Km & THB1,000/way; 16-30Km)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates (children under 2 years) apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The duration of hotel pickups is approximately 30 minutes; the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Passport is required to enter Laos
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The trip duration can reach maximum of 14 hours depending on the traffic along the way and the road conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
It was a superior tour. Up very early in the morning but a lot to see. My high ligh was the White Temple
Date of experience: November 2019
This was the best tour we did in Thailand. This was booked through a tour company that planned our 2 week trip. These small group tours we did with Touring Center were amazing. This Chiang Rai day trip was a long, adventurous day. We were with another family that went through…
Date of experience: September 2019
Booked tour through Viator with Touring Center. If we were to do this tour again, we would spend a couple of days in Chaing Ria rather than travel to / from Chaing Mia. It makes for a long day and the road is under construction so it is rough and slow going. Aside from that, it…
Date of experience: February 2020
During my Chiang Mai stay I really wanted to visit the attractions in the Chiang Rai area. Signed up for a 1500 baht day tour but ended up regretting it. Except for the White Temple, everything else that was part of the tour was not worth the 13 hour van ride, two hours of…
Date of experience: March 2020
We had a very beautiful day. Punctual pick-up at our residence, spacious and clean jeep. Aei welcomed us warmly smiling. The day was full of discoveries in many ways, all explained in full knowledge of the facts. She made us notice and appreciate every little detail. She also…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Touring Center
Touring Center Tours are the Best
This was a wonderful day-trip with an interesting variety of stops. We were picked up at our hotel in a nice air-c…
Excellent way to experience Chicang Mai
Family of 4 had a great 5=hour tour in a nice van with the perfect guide: Poongkie. It was the ideal way to tour …
Excellent tour guide for very decent price and very friendly and polite, would definitely recommend to anyone
Great day out
We thoroughly enjoyed our day trip. The light trek was lovely amazing sounds walking through the rainforest. The ki…
Well planned trip to Doi Inthanon
This trip is just as advertised (nothing strenuous, multiple stops hitting the highlights) and everything ran on sc…
Have remained on my hunger
2 chiang Mai highlights in one day. the temple was OK, but I was really disappointed about the Hmong village. I was…
To be recommended when you want to get out of the city for a day.
Quite long time in the minivan, but with a fantastic lot of co visitors and Mae, our guide. Not only a beautiful gi…
Excellent and worthwhile trip
Brilliant day trip and well worth going, albeit long time on the tour bus. The pagodas, the waterfalls and the vill…
Excursions in Ciangmai
I recieved a lots of things from them such as very good vans and facilities,good services and experince guides.
Fantastic time, with a great guide!
We had an awesome time on this trip, our guide, Mr. Nong, led a great tour. He was very informative, and also very …
« Trek with Ek » in Doi Inthanon
My wife and I had a full day trip to Doi Inthanon, with the exceptional « Ek » that was guiding us. Ek was full of …
Nice day out and a great tour guide
Our tour guide Kik was fantastic. She was really friendly, had perfect English, and took loads of photos for us. 10…
Good to get an idea
Booked this as wanted to have a tour and a good idea of sights around Chiang Mai but didn’t want to spend a whole t…
Great times with new friends
We were taken to a show and dinner here by newly made friends in Chiang Mai. Our friends treated us to this wonder…
Pleasant day in the park
This was a nice day out in the park. It included a short walk in the woods, visit to the pagodas (beautiful but th…
- Duration: 13–14 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 168 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 917 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 963 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 321 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 836 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Chiang Rai Small-Group Day Trip from Chiang Mai City with Golden Triangle
What time does Chiang Rai Small-Group Day Trip from Chiang Mai City with Golden Triangle start?
Chiang Rai Small-Group Day Trip from Chiang Mai City with Golden Triangle will start at 7:00 AM. Discover and book Chiang Rai Small-Group Day Trip from Chiang Mai City with Golden Triangle on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Chiang Rai Small-Group Day Trip from Chiang Mai City with Golden Triangle?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Chiang Rai Small-Group Day Trip from Chiang Mai City with Golden Triangle on Tripadvisor
How much is Chiang Rai Small-Group Day Trip from Chiang Mai City with Golden Triangle?
Chiang Rai Small-Group Day Trip from Chiang Mai City with Golden Triangle price starts from $101.49. Discover and book Chiang Rai Small-Group Day Trip from Chiang Mai City with Golden Triangle on Tripadvisor
What is the Chiang Rai Small-Group Day Trip from Chiang Mai City with Golden Triangle cancellation policy?
Chiang Rai Small-Group Day Trip from Chiang Mai City with Golden Triangle cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Chiang Rai Small-Group Day Trip from Chiang Mai City with Golden Triangle on Tripadvisor