View all photos (9)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Historic City of AyutthayaStop: 9 hours - Admission includedChoose to meet your guide at the meeting point or take advantage of hotel transfer services from your accommodation in Bangkok. Drive towards the Ancient city of Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand. Make your first stop at Wat Phra Sri Sanphet which was for a long time considered to be the spiritual centre of Thailand. Situated within the royal palace grounds, the temple is the royal monastery and is a model of the royal temple of the Emerald Buddha or Wat Phra Kaew in Bangkok. Then, head to Wat Mahathat Ayutthaya which is one of the oldest and most significant temples in the history of Ayutthaya as it housed the Buddha's holy relic. The temple is most famous for the Buddha head situated in a Bodhi tree root. Next, stop at Wat Ratchaburana which houses a large number of Buddha images and gold artefacts. Enjoy lunch that will be served at Krungsri River Hotel. In the afternoon, continue on to the Chao Sam Phraya National Museum. Admire the most important objects here including the Buddha relics found inside the crypt of Wat Mahathat and other golden treasures like the golden sword, the golden headgear (hat), the miniature royal regalia, golden sculptures, and more. Then, visit Wat Lokaya Sutharam to see the 42-meter-long reclining white Buddha. Last but not least, finish the trip at Wat Chaiwattanaram which rests on the bank of the Chao Phraya River. Learn about how the temple was ordered to built-in 1630 by King Prasat Thong to honour his mother featuring the architectural style influenced by the Angkor Wat temple complex in Cambodia. Arrive back in Bangkok at around 5 PM.Read more
- Transportation by air conditioned van or mini coach with experienced driver
- All entrance tickets
- Accident insurance
- Hotel transfer within Bangkok city area ( Only selected hotels )
- Entry/Admission - Historic City of Ayutthaya
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Explore Asia Tour
Great time here!
This was such a fun trip! Mr.T took great care of us by making sure we had time for breakfast before getting us to…
Once in a lifetime experience
If you are in Bangkok you should make the time to visit this Sanctuary. The interaction with the elephants and…
London, United Kingdom71
Great Tour through the Ayutthaya temples and Heritage
We had a great time one of the best trip we have been in Thailand. Donna (tour guide) was amazing explaining the…
Mr. T can drive me ANYTIME!!!!
Elephant Sanctuary in Pattaya City was AMAZING! My husband and I were in Bangkok for a few nights and we were…
Elephant Sanctuary Visit
From Bangkok, it is about a 2 hour drive south. Mr. T picked us up to get to the sanctuary. To be honest, he was a…
A Must When In Thailand!
Mr. T was outstanding! He sent us messages on Whats App the night before letting us know we should bring swimsuits…
Round Trip Excursion
Everything about this trip was perfect. From the moment when Mr. T picked us up, the actual excursion, and our…
First such negative experience ever
I always liked Viator as I had had several good experience with it. To my surprise, this trip to Ayutthaya was a…
Kinross, United Kingdom10150
We were advised via email the day prior to our trip what time we would be collected from our hotel- they arrived…
Nothing is accurate on their website. They will not pick you up from or drop you off at your hotel. The tour is…
- Duration: 9–10 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071