This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Tibetan Encounter Day Tours, Lalupate Margha 17th Street, Pokhara 00977 Nepal
Departure: 09:00 a.m.
Return: Around 5 or 6 p.m.
We provide pick up and drop off services only to those guests whose hotels are around Lakeside area. We charge extra money for transportation, hotels which are located outside of Lakeside area. You can pay us extra transportation fee after our tour. Please provide us your hotel name.
We will visit two different Tibetan villages around Pokhara valley. Our tours are typically base on educational and Tibetan cultural tour.
Our tours are not private. Usually we get 2 to 3 people in a group. But we also accept other guests, if they are also interested to join with our group.
Since Saturday is our weekend in Nepal, therefore our Tibetan carpet workshop is closed but our carpet showroom will be open. Also on Saturday our Tibetan doctor is not available therefore we can’t able to meet our Tibetan doctor.
• Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau – and learn how Tibetan people introduced and make Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
• Learn about the symbols and images that are so important in their daily life.
• Meet a Tibetan doctor and learn about basic knowledge of Tibetan medicine and it’s treatment. Have a first hand experience of a medical check up from a Tibetan doctor.
• Visit settlement photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
• Learn about Tibetan schools, kindergarten and our educational system in the Tibetan settlements.
• Enjoy simple Tibetan momos & thenthuk in a Tibetan restaurants inside the settlement in the afternoon.
• Meet a Buddhist monk and learn about their monastic life and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
• Visit the monastery and attend their group pooja in the evening (prayer chanting) with the monks and hear the horns, drums, conch shell, trumpet, bell etc used during the prayer.
• Enjoy evening tea in a local family, where you will get a taste of Tibetan food, tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.
Duration: 8 hours