View all photos (11)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Chobe National ParkStop: 10 hours -You will be picked up from your hotel at 07:30am, and drive to Chobe National Park in Botswana. The drive is about 45 miles (70 kilometres) and will take about 1-hour long while passing through the Zambezi National Park. There is a good chance of spotting some wildlife, even before arriving to Botswana. You will be at the Botswana border at around 08H30 and after some border formalities you will be driven to the jetty for the three-hour boat cruise on the Chobe River. There you will have an opportunity to see a host of waders and water birds along with the ever present crocodiles and lurking hippos. You will also see scores of large herbivores making their way down to the river to drink - most notably African buffalo and elephant. On the island, Puku and Lechwe are often seen and on the banks kudu, impala and water buck are common. Complimentary soft drinks will be served on the boat, as well as tea and coffee and a light snack prior to your activity. Lunch will be served at around 12H30 and after then it will be time to take to the wilderness in custom-made open 4X4 safari vehicles on a game drive allowing you to get close to nature in this beautiful setting. Frequent lion sightings occur in Chobe as well as Eland, Sable, and Roan antelope which are common depending on the time of year. Leopards are elusive but also common in the area so it is important to be alert and camera-ready. You will typically drive along the waterfront where wildlife like to congregates to quench their thirst, with Lions often lying in wait or just dozing in the shade. Complimentary soft drinks are provided while experiencing some of the best game viewing in Africa. After the 3-hour safari drive, you will head back to the border at around 5pm and you will be at your hotel at around 18H00.Read more
- Fuel surcharge
- National Park fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by 4X4 vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 1 more review on Viator
Chobe National Park is situated in the back yard of the Victoria Falls and has the most amazing Elephant population, and has more Wildlife than any other parks
Date of experience: January 2020
Response from Webster M, Public Relations Manager at Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise
Responded 26 Jan 2020
Thank you so much for your feed back. The Chobe is indeed one of southern Africa`s prime wildlife reserves making the one day into the park the best option for game viewing. We hope to see you again very soon.
I travelled at the end of August with my husband and son we were slightly worried about the atmosphere soon after the elections and almost went to Zambia instead. To be honest, it was nothing like what we expected. We loved the tours, particularly the the Falls and the Day…
Date of experience: August 2018
1 Helpful vote
Response from Webster M, Owner at Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise
Responded 4 Feb 2019
Thank you for your great review, we are excited to note that you enjoyed your tour. We are already looking forward to your next visit
We saw so many hippos and Cape Buffalo plus other animals on the river cruise. Saw everything but a Rhino between the cruise and land safari. Great day. Webster also arranged our transfers form the airport to the Lodge.
Date of experience: July 2018
Response from DK Tours and Sa... V, Manager at Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise
Responded 5 Nov 2018
Good to be hearing from you and thank you fr reviewing our services. Looking forward to hosting you again
My trip was from Victoria falls. There were good and not so good things. At the Boarded we were met by an open space jeep, which was not very convenient, especially if you are with a 7 years old child. There are about 30 kilometers, if I remember correct and they are pretty…
Date of experience: March 2017
1 Helpful vote
Response from Webster M, Manager at Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise
Responded 9 Jun 2018
Thank you for your great review, the open sided safari jeep is a great way for the safari and we use it even for transfers in the Chobe area as we feel that this will maximize your game viewing experience. We will be happy use the minibuses for the Chobe area transfers if requested and even enclosed 4x4 vehicles for the safari if so requested.We are happy though that you did enjoy the boat safari. Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to our side of the world.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: DK Tours & Safaris - Day Tours
Spectacular day trip
This was one of the best day trips we have done. Webster ,Stanley and Captain Jack are the most welcoming and knowl…
DK tours and safaris is a professional and reliable tour company. As I was searching through internet looking for t…
Beautiful nature and animals
The guides were very good, reliable, very friendly and trying to meet our wishes. We had a great time, enjoying the…
BEST BEST CHOICE for Safarri to Chobe National Park
Booked with Trip Advisor as DK Tours which was so easy. EXCELLENT email responsiveness from Webster prior to our t…
A Reliable well priced Zim tour company
Webster and his team organized a number of activities and transfers for us across Zambia, Zimbabwe and Botswana at …
Amazing Day trip
Amazing safari, Vincent was a great and knowledgeable guide. Boat ride was great as well. Highly recommend from Vi…
Chobe Extended Day Trip
A long but fantastic safari day trip to Chobe National Park. We were picked up from the Avani Resort at 5 Am by our…
A truly fantastic day we will never forget!
This safari makes for a long 15-hour day but it is totally worth it. My wife and I booked it in advance of our stay…
Excellent from start to finish
This was a simply brilliant day. The organisation was first class with everything running to time from the pick up …
Animals, Adventure, Africa (That's a AAA rating)
The extended day trip is definitely the way to go. This trip is well suited for chilled adventurous people who love…
Chobe great - extended version.... give a miss
The Chobe National Park was excellent. Lots of Elephants and Hippos. Even got an extended view of a male Lion walki…
Extensive Wildlife Viewing on Land & Water
My wife and I are traveling seniors and were the only two people on this tour. We were concluding our August South …
Wonderful wildlife, lovely guides and drivers but...
I arranged this tour prior to departing the US. Webster was great with communicating and reassuring me that my grou…
Three Day Hwange Safari
We contacted Webster to set up a three day safari trip in Hwange National Park. (He also did our airport transfers.…
This tour is long!! Not a bad thing, but I was exhausted after minimal drinking, as the only water offered to us (o…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Nature and Wildlife
Frequently Asked Questions about Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise
What time does Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise start?
Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise will start at 7:00 AM. Discover and book Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise on Tripadvisor
How much is Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise?
Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise price starts from US$175.00. Discover and book Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise on Tripadvisor
What is the Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise cancellation policy?
Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise?
Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise is hosted by DK Tours & Safaris - Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact DK Tours & Safaris - Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise on Tripadvisor