Recommended by 90% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price Guarantee
- StartOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Barefoot Rental and ServicesStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 2Cockscomb Basin Wildlife PreserveStop: 4 hours - Admission includedSee details
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Preserve
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Dress code: cool/light clothing for the jungle. Wear bathing suit under.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Looking for a tour for elderly couple who can not walk a lot but still want to enjoy waterfall, tubing and beautiful scenery. Any suggestions?
Had a wonderful day with Ian and Barefoot hiking Cockscomb Basin. The company is taking COVID very seriously and made us feel safe the entire day. Ian was so knowledgeable and made our day memorable and fun. Highly recommend this tour operator!
Date of experience: January 2021
8 of us went on this fabulous day long trip. We tubed, went on a hike to a bluff for some spectacular views then cooled off at the end of the day with a swim in a waterfall. Ian was a lot of fun, very knowledgeable of the fauna/flora and Belizean culture. Definitely a highlight…
Date of experience: December 2019
Response from BarefootServices, Manager at Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve
Responded 9 Dec 2019
Hello Hutchison Family Thank you for being so easy to work with. We were happy to help you put together a wonderful Belize vacation. You enjoyed both the jungle and the sea. The local transportation allowed you to explore some of Placencia. We sincerely love our little Belize and it is why we share it with such joy. Thank you for your awesome attitude and your openness to enjoy Belize. I am glad to hear you had a wonderful time. We sincerely appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to provide these services to you. Tropical Regards, Megs
We booked and paid for this trip back in the UK to ensure we got to go to Cockscomb. We had no reply from Barefoot so decided to call in at their office when we were in Placencia. Unfortunately the office was never open in the 4 days we were there but we were able to find a…
Date of experience: March 2019
5 Helpful votes
Our guide Jason was amazing! (Jason Alexander is his full name for all you Seinfeld fans!) He picked me and my husband up at our rented home and gave us a private tour of the Cockscomb Basin. On our 40 or so minute drive to the basin from Placencia, he supplied us with so much…
Date of experience: February 2019
2 Helpful votes
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Barefoot Rental and Services
A unique and memorable experience
I want to personally thank Barefoot Services for creating a unique and memorable birthday vacation for my family an…
Professional and Experienced - quality services
This was our first visit to Placencia and though we were remote working and schooling we still wanted to get out an…
Fabulous Monkey River Tour!
We booked this tour with Barefoot Rentals the evening before embarking upon this adventure from Placencia, during t…
What an awesome ride!
We took Barefoot Rental and services on a 3 hour ride from Placencia to San Ignacio. When we hired them, we thought…
Drive from airport to Placencia
Ian was wonderful! Ian was our driver from the Belize international airport to Placencia. He was very engaging and …
Very fun and informative trip
Our guide (Ian) from barefoot rentals was very engaging and knowledgeable and took time to explain all our question…
Cave Tubing & Blue Hole
Ian was very knowledgeable and friendly, we have a fantastic time both in and out of the caves. His lunch selection…
Exceeded ALL expectations!
We traveled to Belize for the first with a group of 18 and stayed in Placencia for 1 week. Barefoot handled every …
No help when needed
We were really excited to go on a tour with barefoot. My husband and I were going on our honeymoon and had set up t…
Bad Customer Service when you need help
My wife and I just had our honeymoon in Belize. We heard good things about barefoot. But we were mislead. We booked…
Great time - very entertaining and informative
My wife and I went to ATM with Ian. Even though it's a long drive, it went by quickly with all of the interesting s…
An amazing experience of such a beautiful country. We booked two different excursions with Barefoot: Day One - Ho…
Trip of a lifetime!!!!
Our group of 18 had the pleasure of spending the week with Ian and Nestor. They were very knowledgeable and super a…
Golf Cart was terrible
We rented a golf cart from Barefoot. They were prompt with delivery. However the cart was terrible! Front end wa…
Wonderful trip all around. Ian our driver and guide picked us up early in the morning. He was very pleasant and ope…
- Duration: 4–7 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve
- Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve on Tripadvisor
- Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve price starts from $139.20. Discover and book Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve on Tripadvisor
- Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve on Tripadvisor
- Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve is hosted by Barefoot Rental and Services. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Barefoot Rental and Services on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve on Tripadvisor