Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Visit the Mayan ruins of Xunantunich on a guided tour that offers an in-depth look into the history and culture of the site. While many of the details are easy to miss on your own, by traveling with a guide you can get insights into the past civilization. Plus, the guide covers all the logistics for you so you can enjoy the trip without worrying about the details.
- Explore the architecture and culture of the Mayans on a guided tour of Xunantunich
- Get panoramic views from the top of Belize’s second-largest Maya structure
- Hotel pickup and drop-off make the trip hassle-free
- Choose between a morning or afternoon tour to suit your schedule
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Xunantunich
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Things to bring along: Cool and comfortable clothing, hiking/tennis shoes, camera, bug spray, sun block lotion
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We had a great time visiting Xunantunich (stone lady) with One of GOmaya tour guides Pedro. I enjoyed learning about the Mayan’s King history and climbing to the very top! My friends were afraid of heights so they didn’t go as high as I did but it was worth every moment!!
Date of experience: October 2019
If you like history, you'll love the Xunantunich Mayan ruins. For being centuries old, they are very well preserved. I loved climbing to the top of the highest ruin and looking out over the surrounding countryside - although not for the faint of heart.
Date of experience: February 2019
This company is fantastic. They handled our ATM cave tour, our tour of the Ruins and our transportation to and from the airport. Everything was easy and super friendly. Ask for Cisco and Jam Jam (tour guides). I'm so glad I used them.
Date of experience: September 2019
Francisco was knowledgeable and fun, and we had the best time. What a marvelous site. Cisco had a lot of stories about how Belize handles the archaeological digs, and what we may still learn. Lots of stuff to climb, if that's your thing. The hospitality in Belize is top notch.
Date of experience: August 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Cayo Inland Expeditions
Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave
This was by far the highlight of my trip to Belize. The caves and archaeological remains were the most amazing I ha…
Very accommodating company!
We found this company when we were looking for an air bnb in San Ignacio. The owners of the air bnb own this compan…
Avoid this tour company like the plague
For starters, I want to point out that our tour guide was absolutely wonderful, so this review doesn't apply to him…
Cave Tubing and Tikal in Guatemala
We booked the tours through Belize Inland Expeditions (aka Cayo), which is run by the proprietors of the place we s…
Jeremy was great!
We had a great cave tubing and zip lining trip because of our guide Jeremy. Very friendly and knowledgeable. He eve…
Fun and Relaxing Experience
Our little group of 3 ziplined first. It lasted about 30 minutes and the guides were fun and efficient. I felt very…
Exceptional service and experience!
Heard about Cayo Inland Expeditions through a family member. The owner— John Paul was very accommodating despite us…
We ended booking our tours directly through this company instead of doing them through our hotel and we were not di…
Zip and tube
Both were fun. I liked that there was some walking sometimes between one zip line and the next. The tubes were tied…
Crammed like sardines into the back of a pick-up truck for 4 hours
JP, who trades as BelizeInlandExpeditions.com and CayoInlandExpeditions.com, was recommended by the owner of the Sa…
Great guides and awesome tours!
We thoroughly enjoyed how well we were taken care of by Dimas(sp) and Victor! There were 12 in our group and both g…
Best tour guide ever!
Me, my husband and two teenage daughters did this tour in late July, and it was amazing! The best part was our guid…
We had a wonderful time Zip Lining (my first time) the guides were very patient and knew exactly how to get the ent…
Fantastic ATM tour
My family and I had a fantastic tour with these guys today. We toured the ATM cave and it was so unbelievable! Jami…
Cave tubing and zip lining were are great trip. Very easygoing and enjoyable. The water was pretty low when we went…
- Xunantunich, Cayo Inland Expeditions
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 316 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio
Which attractions will I visit with Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio on Tripadvisor
How much is Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio?
Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio price starts from $92.57. Discover and book Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio on Tripadvisor
What is the Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio cancellation policy?
Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio?
Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio is hosted by Cayo Inland Expeditions. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Cayo Inland Expeditions on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio on Tripadvisor