View all photos (290)
Book by March 31 to save 10% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Whitsunday Islands, comprising 74 islands fringed by gorgeous beaches and located at the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, are Queensland’s quintessential tropical paradise. On this tour, experience the breadth and beauty of the islands, and incredible views of the reef, from above on a scenic flight.
- Guaranteed window seats for stunning aerial views of the Great Barrier Reef
- Live on-board commentary ensures you don’t miss anything
- Multiple departures throughout the day: choose a time that suits you
- Hassle-free: hotel pickup and round-trip transfers from Airlie Beach
What to Expect
Begin your adventure with pickup from your Airlie Beach hotel and a short transfer to Whitsunday Airport. Arrive early for the flight briefing and to meet your pilot, then take your guaranteed window seat inside the high-wing aircraft and prepare for takeoff. Once airborne, soar over the Coral Sea, gazing out over the reefs, islands, and cays that make up the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Great Barrier Reef. Listen as your pilot points out memorable landmarks such as Hill Inlet, Heart Reef, and Whitehaven Beach, one of Australia’s most photographed beaches. From your lofty vantage point, you have a dramatic bird’s-eye view as you glide over Daydream Island and swoop low over Shute Harbour. On the flight, fly over the entire expanse of the Whitsunday Islands, including Hook Island, Hayman Island, Hamilton Island, and Whitsunday Island, as well as Hook Reef and Hardy Reef. When you touch down back at Whitsunday Airport, a driver waits to take you back to your Airlie Beach hotel.
384 Shute Harbour Rd, Airlie Beach QLD 4802, Australia
Returns to original departure point
- In-flight pilot commentary
- Guaranteed window seats
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Subject to availability) Contact GSL for more information 07 4946 9097
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please provide hotel information if you are not making your own way to Whitsunday Airport
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers (Ages 3+)
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Weight restrictions apply on all flights. 125kg max per passenger.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: GSL Aviation
Good but could be better
Flight was fantastic with only 1 exception. Unfortunately, the audio /pa system in the plane was 100% useless. We…
Great Barrier Reef Flight
GSL was amazing right from the person booking our flight in Airlie Beach to the shuttle bus driver to the pilot…
Wow! Truly amazing.
The flight was absolutely amazing. Went up in a Cessna caravan piloted by Peter who is highly skilled. We got…
Amazing experience to live. We booked on the same day and they were quick and efficient. The pilot was really nice…
The best scenic flight ever.
We are from P&O Ships Pacific Dawn Crew and it was a great opportunity to go on the reef and scenic flight to the…
Amazing view would recommend doing when in the area!
Luke and Jenni were amazing and very friendly made everyone feel comfortable and have a laugh! I would highly…
Good I am quite pleased with the trip. The staff is very helpful and patient. He let us enjoy the beautiful view…
best day of my life
I was travel alone in this trip it was a really nice weather with a great service they will pick you up and drive…
The trip was amazing and the women who drove us to and from airlie was also amazing! I can’t remember her name,…
We went on the panoramic flight, and it was awesome. The view is beautiful, the staf so nice! Thank you so much…
- Whitehaven Beach, Heart Reef, and 2 more
- Duration: 1h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Japanese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071