Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Tour with our local knowledgeable guides to one of the World's Top 10 Coastal Scenic drives and visit the famous Punakaiki Blow Holes and Pancake Rocks. One of the regions key icons and a must do when visiting the South Island.
- You'll start atGreymouth i-SITE Visitor Information CentreOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Pancake Rocks and Blowholes WalkStop: 3 hours - Admission includedPunakaiki, the World famous Coast road is rated one of the top 10 Coastal drives in the World. Home to the Pancake Rocks, where the sea, wind and massive geological change have shaped the landscape creating fascinating stacked limestone rocks that the sea has eroded creating blowholes. Leaving from the central West Coast you will travel via the Great Coast Road, which is rated as one of the top 10 coastal drives in the World. With some of the best scenery on offer you will need a camera on hand to capture the views. This 45 minute drive will take you to the small coastal township of Punakaiki where you will get to view the famous blow holes and pancake rock natural formations. Your guide will give you time to explore the area and local shops before checking out the cavern near by or the Truman Track, a short walk to a coastal view point. The blow holes and pancake rocks is one of New Zealand’s must do activities and one not to be missed. Your tour guide will bring you back to your accommodation or the central business district. Pick up from Greymouth i-SITE Visitor Centre - Railway Station or central accommodation establishments.Read more
- You'll end atGreymouth i-SITE Visitor Information Centre164 MacKay Street, Greymouth 7805, New ZealandSee address & details
Greymouth i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 164 MacKay Street, Greymouth 7805, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Admission ticket
- Entry/Admission - Pancake Rocks and Blowholes Walk
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The Punakaiki Pancake Rocks and Blowholes are unique. An easy walk in along a well maintained pathway. Try and time your visit to coincide with a high tide in order to view the Blowholes performing at their best.
This is an extremely well done walk. You could spend as long or as little time here as you like. Stunning views, great for photos, safe for the kids. It's been designed well, so although there are lots of people, you feel alone.
Thoroughly enjoyed this tour with Bob as our guide. He had excellent knowledge of the area and history, and also added a couple of stops which we weren't expecting. Very good value tour.
Such a beautiful place to see. We had the best guide with us. He was full of information. Our trip was for blow holes only, but our guide showed us many more things. Loved the walks he took us on.
Date of experience: December 2020
Wow this was awesome. No need for a tour, just walk around yourself and read the information on the stands. Plenty of Blow Holes, make sure you wear a raincoat. So many spots to view so many different rocks and blow holes. Great paths to walk around, which make it safe.
Date of experience: September 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Explore West Coast
Wonderful views from up amongst the tree tops
TREE TOP WALKWAY - This is an amazing tree top walk on an excellently built structure and easy to access. Part of …
I didn’t do the treetop walk but the Hokitika Gorge was incredible. It was a lovely day and not busy, would definit…
SPECTACULAR SCENERY AND VIBRANT BLUE WATER.
We were in a group tour with AATKings and just walked around and Isobel explained to perfection. Beautiful scenery …
If you are venturing to the West Coast .. I can’t recommend this tour enough .. such an awesome day 👌👌 👌 with Bo…
Hokitika Gorge & Tree top canopy
Wow! Bob picked us up from Hotel Lake Brunner and took us back to Hokitika for the tour. It was just my husband…
Excellent Day Out!
We did the Best of the West day tour, which was absolutely brilliant! Bob, our guide, was so knowledgable and made …
Well worth a visit even in bad weather
Our tour guide Trevor Molloy has a lifetime's knowledge and experience of the area and shared many local treasures …
We recently attended a wedding at this venue. Everything was fabulous including the venue, the staff and the food. …
A pleasant out of the way park giving an insight to the flora of the area and that of New Zealands South Island, wi…
We had the most wonderful Tour guide in Bob who looked after us like we were family. Bob was very engaging with the…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Nature and Wildlife
Frequently Asked Questions about Punakaiki Blow Holes & Pancake Rocks Scenic Tour
- Punakaiki Blow Holes & Pancake Rocks Scenic Tour will start at 2:00 PM. Discover and book Punakaiki Blow Holes & Pancake Rocks Scenic Tour on Tripadvisor
- Punakaiki Blow Holes & Pancake Rocks Scenic Tour price starts from $122.67. Discover and book Punakaiki Blow Holes & Pancake Rocks Scenic Tour on Tripadvisor
- Punakaiki Blow Holes & Pancake Rocks Scenic Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Punakaiki Blow Holes & Pancake Rocks Scenic Tour on Tripadvisor
- Punakaiki Blow Holes & Pancake Rocks Scenic Tour is hosted by Explore West Coast. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Explore West Coast on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Punakaiki Blow Holes & Pancake Rocks Scenic Tour on Tripadvisor